An updated picture of simangus heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

showmomof2

Reaction score
049.JPG
This is my daughter's simangus that will be shown this weekend. I've been using show steer up's secret formula on her hair-it is straightening it out a lot. Do you think she looks ok?

The not so wise youngster in the flip flops is my daughter. She hadn't been feeling well and my husband and I offered to get the calf up and work with her if daughter would rest. The next thing I knew, here she came! I didn't realize she had flip flops on until later. She will learn the hard way one day! Really, we did all the catching and walking, she just stood there and blow dried her!
Just before I got close enought to take the picture, the calf was standing perfect. Then she moved that back leg. It sure made her look shorter and lost a little of the levelness to her back.

:clap: good job, she's blow drying forward :clap:
Glad it's helping, every day it should get better and better.
By the way, we have a few kido's around here with the flip flop problems. There not my kids, just some girls in our 4-H club. They are teenagers and I have watched them for the past five years, I always give them the third degree. But wouldnt you know, they never got stepped on. It was my daughter with her steel toe shoes on that got stepped on. Of course not on the toe, on her heal. The girls had the nerve to say," If she was wearing flip flops she would have been more careful :mad: Thank goodness I like the girls, I just smiled and said please be careful; your playing a dangerous game.

Your little heifer looks good, hope you win :D

Nice calf. Reminds me my son had allready been told that he would be leading some calves around in animal science lab. What does he show up to lab in? Flip Flops and shorts. When he told me about it I laughed and said serves ya right wearing your around the pool clothes to class. I was still glad he didnt get stepped on.

Well, I guess we were outclassed this weekend. We went to the hillbilly double header in Harrison, AR. We were third in a class of 3 each day. (the same three) The calf did well behavior wise until we got her in the arena. Then she lowers her head and tries to get away with my daughter. My son showed her today because my daughter woke up throwing up this morning. I thought it was nerves after yesterday, but she still doesn't feel well. The calf started trying to get her head down with him, but he is a couple of years older than my daughter and quite a bit stronger. He finally got her still and her head up. We have three weeks till our next show. Hopefully we can work with her alot more. What would make her start kicking? She started that this weekend, too.

Latest posts