An AI question

Help Support CattleToday:

Cussin' Gus

Reaction score
In everyones travels has anyone ever seen or do it themselves, ai with their right hand manupalting the cervix? Last year after breeding season I broke my left hand surjery followed. Two weeks ago we bred the first set of cows, I had get the guy helping me to do them. I just couldn't hold the cervix the way I needed to without a lot of pain?

I was taghut that if you are right handed use manipulate it the left hand and if you're right handed you do it with the left. In theory it has to do with that hand acquiring the muscle memory to do it.

I'm right handed and breed with my right arm in the cow since I'm missing two fingers on my left hand. Are you asking about anyone doing it that way or are you asking about switching and using the arm that you've never bred with before? If the later is the case then I sugest you start signing your name a hundred times a day with your off hand 'cause that's about what it feels like to try to breed with your off arm in a cow. :nod:

Me too Cow Pollinator...I had surgery on my left arm and so I manipulate with my right hand (I'm right handed) and breed with the left...works like a charm. I have tried the other way but I don't have the same feel with my left hand.

I have used both hands both ways.

I feel more comfortable using my right hand to go in....

but I know that if my right Rotator cuff gets much worse I can just switch hands.

You just have to spend time training your brain. Kinda like controls differing in brands of equipment. You just have to re-learn.

Due to a shoulder injury, I've had to switch arms in the past.

Latest posts