American Made

Help Support CattleToday:

kilroy60

Reaction score
Looking around for a 55 - 65 HP tractor. John Deere - made in India; New Holland - made in Turkey. Are all tractors in this HP range made outside the US?? Unless I get into the larger HP tractors for row cropping, then the tractors are American made. Haven't checked Case or Massey yet. Any ideas?

Good luck. Bought a used JD a couple of years ago - made in Germany. Turns out it was/is a POS. I mean, what can be more American than JD! My own fault for buying used.

Most in this hp range are foreign made. Some of JDs fancier M series are made in Augusta GA. Check at the bottem of the specs page on their website and it will tell you the country of orgin.

Yes, I'm afraid so. I'm still a fan of the old American made iron. IHC 706, JD 3020, 5000 ford and so on. Problem with those are getting through mud to feed rolls. They don't have the creature comforts of the modern equipment, but when the plastic hood on your new New Holland falls off you want be thinking about the soft seat and shuttle shift.

So, anyone have suggestions / comments on which brand they would be in this HP range? Any experiences with any?

What dealers are close to you? Most tractors made in the U. S. are assembled here from over seas parts. I did find a tractor company in Texas that say their tractors are made here web site is National Tractor Company you could check with them.
Chester (msplmtneer) :tiphat:

Sure see a lot of Mahindras around this area in that HP range. Not a JD but good sound tractors with very strong hydraulics.

msplmtneer":2pm4lfhk said:
What dealers are close to you? Most tractors made in the U. S. are assembled here from over seas parts. I did find a tractor company in Texas that say their tractors are made here web site is National Tractor Company you could check with them.

http://www.nationaltractors.com/ Is this the place

John SD":1rkmqo3h said:
kilroy60":1rkmqo3h said:
So, anyone have suggestions / comments on which brand they would be in this HP range? Any experiences with any?

To my knowledge, there are no tractors under 100HP of any brand currently built in the US :(
Tractor data shows a 5085 m made in Augusta GA. They are nice a buddy of mine has one.

hurleyjd":io6z3x06 said:
msplmtneer":io6z3x06 said:

http://www.nationaltractors.com/ Is this the place

From another forum and dated 2012:

"I bought the 6530C, 4wd, with loader back in Sept '07. Has the Cummins engine that is made by Komatsu in Japan to a Cummins spec for them. Both Komatsu and Kukji, the manufacturing company in S. Korea that builds the Branson tractor are heavy equipment builders and have the latter has been building these tractors since '69".

Thanks all for your comments. A lot of decision making to do with this.

I would go with JD just for teh resale value alone.

I bought mine years ago .. put 1,000 hours on it. and can sell it for a couple more thousand then I bought it for. you will never do that with brands like mahindra, LS, etc.

ddd75":dmm7bopl said:

I bought mine years ago .. put 1,000 hours on it. and can sell it for a couple more thousand then I bought it for. you will never do that with brands like mahindra, LS, etc.
That was a driver for me too.

The smallest American manufactured tractor that I am aware of is the JD 5085E.... If you go here, click on "specifications" and scroll to the bottom you'll see it is manufatured in Augusta, Ga.

https://www.deere.com/en_US/products/eq ... -2015.page?

Now, I've heard an argument about "manufactured" verses "assembled" in Augusta, but I can only go by what the JD site says.

And by the way, I bought a new JD 5093E in 2009 and have absolutely unequivocally loved my tractor every day I have been on it that I've owned it....

ddd75":26vwkr8j said:

Why not? Your initial investment is half of what a JD cost and with proper care it too should appreciate. 1000 hours isn't many hours. Hardly broke in. Had a Mahindra 4500 I bought in 2000....sold it for more than it cost. But it only cost a bit over $15,000 with front end loader, hay spear and shredder.

lavacarancher":kszc0ei5 said:
Good luck. Bought a used JD a couple of years ago - made in Germany. Turns out it was/is a POS. I mean, what can be more American than JD! My own fault for buying used.
You must have got an abused one. Tractors that came out of the Manheim, Germany plant are known as some of the best ones JD has built. It is what it is.

Ridgefarmer63":x0c6qlcv said:
lavacarancher":x0c6qlcv said:
You must have got an abused one. Tractors that came out of the Manheim, Germany plant are known as some of the best ones JD has built. It is what it is.

I have 1986 model 2350 that was built in Germany and I would agree. It a much better built tractor than the Carraro built JD 5400 that I have been on.

Latest posts