American Landmaster

Help Support CattleToday:

gbfarm

Reaction score
I'm looking to replace my 2007 mule. Been looking at the american landmaster L7XL PRO.
Has anyone used one of these machines?
Thanks for all info

I have never used one or owned one but there is one thing you can guarantee with off brands... I don't care how cheap it appears up front you can not hardly give that thing away the minute you load it up and take them home. They have next to nothing in resale value and for that reason alone I will never own one and would not suggest any one else own one.

Your 07 Mule is probably worth $3-5K right now, still, if its not totally trashed out. Your taking a huge leap backwards IMO.

Last edited:
I'm looking to replace my 2007 mule. Been looking at the american landmaster L7XL PRO.
Has anyone used one of these machines?
Thanks for all info
A big plus for that machine is that is fabricated and made in the USA. It uses a Kohler EFI 700cc engine. I am not seeing the problem with it. Parts should not be a problem to get.

But but but you can get one battery powered for only 12K. But power steering is extra.:(

I agree Brute and usually don't buy off brand.
I was giving this one some serious thought due to being made in the usa.
The mule is in good shape and still serves me well.
A little noise in the front differential when its in 4wd
Just haven't tore into it yet
There are 2 dealers within 50 miles of me so I can check them out pretty easy

I've got a chuck wagon (Landmaster bought them out). I use it as a mode of transportation, and a relaxing way to look at cows. Very dependable for that. No doubt in my mind, it would not stand up to real farm use. The thing is dependable to, but it is light made. Parts are not a problem though. You compare the price of a landmaster new, to any name brand, and you don't save very much......But it will be lost pretty quickly on sale day.

I have a Kubota 900 and a 1140 and my neighbor has gone through 3 of the cheap ones and I have hardly had to do anything to mine except change oil and tires for 17 years and still runs like new.. Now that I have said that I am screwed...LOL

I agree Brute and usually don't buy off brand.
I was giving this one some serious thought due to being made in the usa.
The mule is in good shape and still serves me well.
A little noise in the front differential when its in 4wd
Just haven't tore into it yet
There are 2 dealers within 50 miles of me so I can check them out pretty easy
Is it a wine or pop or click?

Those year model mules do not like to be in 4wd on hard surfaces. They use calbes to engage the front diff also so if the cable gets a little slack it will make some noise also becaus it is not 100% locked it, tight.

But but but you can get one battery powered for only 12K. But power steering is extra.:(

Like the fact that it's electric but the cargo area looks small and a 4x2 is pretty useless around here.

I have looked at these and if I was in the market would seriously consider one, I like that they are actually made in USA (Indiana) I believe, not just assembled here. The L7XL PRO seems to me to be as heavy built as any. They do have lighter cheaper models. I Don't lose any sleep over the resale value I just want it to work when I need it. Like all of them it really depends on the dealer. My present one is a Chinese knockoff and I wouldn't recommend it but it has served me 8 years.

Its a pretty load popping noise. Much worse going around sideling ground but doesn't do it all the time
I'll check for slack in the cables
Thanks

Latest posts