What are the typical guns of the modern American cowboy?

Help Support CattleToday:

I have better things to do with my time. Like work on my model airplane.
I can't stand movies anymore. I used to watch movies but I can't seem to commit 2 hour's to a make believe story.
I like to think I've matured to high level of intelligence. More likely YouTube has shortened my attention span..lol

I can't stand movies anymore. I used to watch movies but I can't seem to commit 2 hour's to a make believe story.
I like to think I've matured to high level of intelligence. More likely YouTube has shortened my attention span..lol
If I want to watch cowboy movies, I look at old-fashioned stuff with John Wayne, Clint Eastwood, Robert Mitchem, Yule Brenner, Richard Boone and Mel Brooks.

I try to watch the Lonesome Dove series every winter but I have missed the last five,,

I'm with Fence youtube has pretty well ruined my TV watchin. Last week I figured out how to watch it on the TV so it's 10 min clips for me.

I try to watch the Lonesome Dove series every winter but I have missed the last five,,
I've seen Robert Duvall in True Grit. There was a lonesome dove in my backyard the other day. A Eurasian collared one at that. On television, I saw part of an episode or two in about 2001. I just remember the couple parts years ago about the "rat's nest" of water moccasins in the river and the silly pair of pigs that kept following the wagon.

Tombstone, 1993, was OK (as in O.K. Corral). Kurt Russel, Val Kilmer and Sam Elliot.

Last edited:
Best western movie EVER is The Outlaw Josie Wales. I bet I have seen it 500 times. Lonesome Dove has been my favorite series ever since it came out in 1989, I think it was. At least until this year, 1883 is just as good if not better.

The gunfight in Unforgiven was pretty good. When he said " If anyone shoots, I'll come back and kill your wife and kids and then burn your house down" you know he meant business. 😆

Latest posts