AMAZING GRACE IN CHEROKEE

Help Support CattleToday:

I know it does sound good and peaceful. If you ever came up my way and my tribe was having an event id take you its even better live. I only have 1 person to speak Cherokee 2 my grandmother I am teaching my kids. My wife is Chippewa and some other races and she doesn't speak any native language. I use to dance in celebrations as a kid and I'm trying to keep the heritage going with my kids.

Ya know I know my mom still has vhs videos of it I'm sure but umm... do they still make vcr's I may need to buy 1 so I can show my kids.

I apologize ahead of time, but this just came to me after reading this thread.

Sky is an Indian outlaw,
Part Cherokee and I don't know,
His baby is a Chippewa
She's a one of kind.

He's a dancer of the pow-wow,
The village farmer was his paw-paw
He still talks cherokee to his maw-maw
She makes him walk the line

He's building a modern wigwam,
Not afraid to kill a turkey Tom-Tom,
He'll pull out his smoker and smoke you some,
Then pass it around

Sky is an Indian outlaw,
His baby is a Chippewa
She's a one of kind.

Sometimes he asking for trouble,
Riding wheelies on his cycle double,
Makes a little heart bubble,
Like a glass of homemade wine.

Friends call him the rifleman,
He can make the lead fly from his hands
Some worry he's hunting on their land
Said it wasn't very kind

Sky is an Indian outlaw,
His baby is a Chippewa
She's a one of kind.

He can kill a deer way south of Buffalo,
With his modern non-rifle smoke pole
From less than a couple hundred yards don't ya know
He hunt's all the time

They all gathered around the TV
Trying to catch a peak of him dancing around the TeePee
In nothing but his buffalo briefs,
Used to do it all the time

Sky is an Indian outlaw,
His baby is a Chippewa
She's a one of kind.

:lol: good one cf .. shall you record that cf or shall I... p
I can't carry a tune in a Bucket though. When my wife gets up I'll text her tell her read this had a good laugh early this am while cleaning my smoke pole. No matter the differences we share on here you are very welcomed to come pass the peace pipe anytime :shock: :lol:

cross_7":3laibttg said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_qFbNskjCI
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_qFbNskjCI[/youtube]
That was beautiful. I don't care what your bloodlines say you are, this is beautiful for all to hear and read the translation.

That was lovely!
Most songs don't seem to work well when sung in a language other what they were written for.
Amazing Grace seems to be the great exception. I've heard it in several languages and it's the same beautiful music every time.
I think it is appreciated by just as many who are not Christian, as those who are.

That was beautiful thanks for sharing..wish I could have known my Cherokee relatives. My paternal grandmother was full blood, my dad half.. i got the left overs lol ...

Shantilly":25jwya31 said:
That was beautiful thanks for sharing..wish I could have known my Cherokee relatives. My paternal grandmother was full blood, my dad half.. i got the left overs lol ...

Shantilly you and Skyhightree may be kin! He's a Cherokee dancer! I've heard he's real good but I won't believe it till I see it.

My dancing days are over lol unless peace pipe or fire waters involved :shock: I am gonna try to get vhs tapes from my mom

skyhightree1":3ullj1pt said:
:lol: good one cf .. shall you record that cf or shall I... p
I can't carry a tune in a Bucket though. When my wife gets up I'll text her tell her read this had a good laugh early this am while cleaning my smoke pole. No matter the differences we share on here you are very welcomed to come pass the peace pipe anytime :shock: :lol:

I couldn't afford to pay for damages to all that listened to my version. :shock: :lol: If I am ever up that way, I'd make a point of stopping by to say hi.

Latest posts