Almost Turkey Season

Help Support CattleToday:

LRTX1":3kcn1vhg said:
hooknline":3kcn1vhg said:
When do you want to tag team em. You call ill shoot!

That would be OK with me, I used to call for a lot of children and a few city folk morons :) , but this year I am selling hunts at the place to a friend that guides. I don't mind calling and letting someone else shoot, tired of getting kicked in the shoulder by the mule I got.

Osceolas or Easterns?

Long legged things! Got a 22.5lber on my wall that would have made top 10 in the FL registry 3 years ago. Got it right behind the house one morning on opening day. Btw, LRTX,have you noticed th birdsa got quiet already?

Havent been that vocal at all this year, of course I havent been getting up as early as I should either.

Got one bird floating around this year that seems camera shy, seen him tripping over his beard and spurs. Got a snatch rope and daggers thats fo sure. I think he is in the back of that photo strutting with his back turned. Cant seem to get a decent picture of him.

Back in the day before turkey grand slams. The northern boundry of the Osceola Turkey was Kissimmee, Orlando area. Now since there's money to be made guiding for Osceolas the line is stretching quite a bit north. I can remember when I was a kid my Pop stocked a few 100 eastern wild turkeys in St. Lucie county.

The only real difference between the osceolas and the easterns is the length of the legs. Osceolas have longer legs because of the swamps. I've seen them as far north as volusia county, and I'm in seminole

I can only dream of a slam. All I've ever got is osceloas. Hunted Fl and Mo, and that's it. Got squat in Mo but that was in the fall durind archery/deer and that's a hard time to hunt the birds..at least for me

Saw about 40 today in one bunch. They have not started busting up here yet.
I don't hunt them but we have a lot of Easterns. I will swap a turkey hunt for a gator hunt. :nod:

:lol2: Don't say it unless you mean it. Just ask jedstivers, he said come down and I showed up on his doorstep.
If you don't get more rain I might be there way before gator season. Is the fire across the lake from you under control? I can't seem to fine the report on it now.

Come on down, we just gotta do it legal like.that means during season and with those pricey tags for you hill billies. The fire is under control now. Still burning, 17k acres, but contained.

I bought a $55 hunting permit to hunt just one night in Arkansas. I might take a chance here but am afraid when I get away from home.
If the fire is in a swamp it will probably take a hurricane to completely put it out.

Lost a few good dogs to them lizzards. Had one grab the belly of my horse also, not much fun. Still have no use for them. But I'am sure glad they let you hunt them now.

The dates got screwed up, this was this week.

turkey2.jpg

On a side note, just found out it was a 16 and under youth turkey hunting this weekend. They started that this year.

OPening day here in mid state, Florida. Any of you Cracker cowboys do any good on turkeys?

Had one killed off the farm this morning. Decent bird, 10.75" beard, 1.25" spur on each side, 20lbs. This was the first opener I havent hunted in +/- 20 years. I decided for 300 bucks a bird someone else can hunt them.

Latest posts