Almost Turkey Season

Help Support CattleToday:

There were two large Turkey hens in my front pasture this morning. They are the first Turkeys that I've saw on my property in seven years.

Booger the steer chased a roughly mid teens hen out of the pasture last week.
I've got a 22.5 lb/ 1.5"spur, 10.5+ beard on my wall that o got 3 years ago out of the same field.

Had a hen and a "strutting" gobbler out behind the house yesterday. My old grandma cow saw them and went walking toward them and "ran" them off in her "slow motion" walk. lolol.

TexasBred":2gxav0rs said:
I don't hunt the things but have a field full behind the house. Thirty four this morning cleaning up around the calf creep feeder. They never look up when I go out. Guess they know I'm no threat.

When do you want me to show up? They closed our county, got to go hunt the National forest on the other side of Rayburn.

Might be a bad year for me. Cameras been up for a week or so, and this is all we got pics of. Need to get the traps out I guess.

hogs.jpg

Either a trap or hoss.
Seems the birds shut up as soon as season got close. Haven't seen any in 2 weeks either

hooknline":2y4ara3f said:
Either a trap or hoss.
Seems the birds shut up as soon as season got close. Haven't seen any in 2 weeks either

Thanks hook........................I humbly off my services to LRTX1 when I go to St. Augustine in May for vacation. I could probably squeeze in a day for hog killin for the good of humanity :lol:

Let me know when your in saint Augustine if you get time for a lunch. If you like seafood the Conch House is incredible.

hooknline":zb7fhxwg said:
Let me know when your in saint Augustine if you get time for a lunch. If you like seafood the Conch House is incredible.

I went there last summer hook. Excellent food and the Pina Colada was out of this world. I had a beer and my wife bought one. I tried it and ordered one for myself :lol:

I might give you a shout.......you play golf? I stay at the World Golf Village resort.

No cant say I do play golf. But I can drive a golf cart and drink beer with the best of em. Just don't expect me to carry your clubs.
The conch fritters and conch salad at that place are crazy good. And the view is gorgeous.

You might have a deal......lol! Us Tennessee hillbillies call golf Pasture Pool. I'm a hacker but I have fun.

Hoss, i'll hold the light if you want to do the shootin. You have to shoot a little better than you did up there in Jawja though.

LRTX1":2tklgcoh said:
Hoss, i'll hold the light if you want to do the shootin. You have to shoot a little better than you did up there in Jawja though.

I would have shot alot better but Jogeephus kept throwing rocks at me while I was aiming cause deep down he didn't want me to cull one of his swamp heifers even though it needed culling :mrgreen:

Just got back home and went out scouting, seen a few gobblers strutting and plenty of hens. But best of all found 15 sheds, one was a pretty nice 5pt. and quite a few 4pts. I sure miss hunting season.

Latest posts