Agriculture and Idiots

Help Support CattleToday:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beef, you having a bad day?

Its not to bad.

I had just ran into a guy that was in Ag and was venting about how everything was setup to make him fail. I said "I know whitey's been keeping me down to". He went on and we ended up talking about college and how worthless it is (he deemed it worthless). All the while i noted that the image he was trying to portray was that of a redneck alcoholic.

Its not what the mainstream world thinks of us that bothers me. Its those that try to live down to their expectations.

Beef11":1wgo42q0 said:
Its not what the mainstream world thinks of us that bothers me. Its those that try to live down to their expectations.

Beef, Back in the fourth grade, I had to memorize The Ragedy Man ( http://rpo.library.utoronto.ca/poem/1706.html ) and recite it in front of the entire school. It got me a blue ribbon and I had to recite it in the slang it was written in. The 81st line had a message. That message's meaning has changed for me a few times through the years. Right now it is all about the complications I create and face.

James Riley passed away in 1916. Hence, the poem was written before that time and describes exactly what you are getting to now. Does this mean history repeats itself?? :lol:

Latest posts