Agriculture and Idiots

Help Support CattleToday:

I really don't care what people think. But I believe there are a lot of people around here that envy me and what I'm doing. Who else can spend 5-6 weeks per year on hunting trips. :D :D

As far as spelling and grammar? I believe I can be near perfect, if I want to. But, I like words like " gonna, Y'all, ain't, them when it should be those, sale cattle etc. By the way the first time I saw sale cattle instead of sell was on these boards. :oops:

Jogeephus":3ifgy1lg said:
...I don't really care what they think of me. I enjoy life and treat it like a game. Just as in a game of cards, I prefer not to show what I have in my hand.

I'm with ya Jogee. I am what I am. I'm an engineer who's just lucky enough to have grown up in the sticks in both Michigan and Alabama. In meetings I get alot of looks when I tell them I'm "fixin" (Alabama) to show them where the problem is "located at" (Michigan).

I mean they look at me like I should just be called "Engineer and Idiots" or something

Thank you Jo,
[/quote]

I forgot to mention, Rents due by the 5th!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Now thats funny. I don't care who you are.
J.D.

As an engineer I wind up using terminology regularly that is not easily comprehended by laymen. When I respond to anything in this forum, I try to use terms that are easily comprehended. When I converse in public, I try to do the same. There are many well educated people in this forum. I think most of us simply try to communicate with one and all.

BHB

I have a friend (yes who would have thought it) that's an engineer. Gave him some hamburger. Totally grossed him out.
Those big ole tubes of bloody meat????
Just cause you dont know something doesnt make you stupid....

Its when you dont know much that makes you special.

We are all special to someone arnt we? :shock:

ALX.":1iv3jsuv said:
Jogeephus":1iv3jsuv said:
I forgot to mention, Rents due by the 5th!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

2 sixteen year old cows on the way Jogee, I can ship em to ya now! :lol: :lol:

Young things! My bulls will be ecstatic! :lol: :lol: I just hope they'll be up for it. :lol: :lol:

backhoeboogie":2u4mksit said:
As an engineer I wind up using terminology regularly that is not easily comprehended by laymen. When I respond to anything in this forum, I try to use terms that are easily comprehended. When I converse in public, I try to do the same. There are many well educated people in this forum. I think most of us simply try to communicate with one and all.

Hoe, I cannot thank you enough for talking down to us;;;;
I for one do not have much more than 16 years of school.;;+ 5 years of trade school;;;;
and this cattle thang is all I do./..

Good luck to you Hoe.../
D.R.

backhoeboogie":3bnutd2e said:

I for one thank you for talking down to us "LAYMEN" so we can learn some of your wisdom. :roll:

Dusty Roads":171wcnbz said:
backhoeboogie":171wcnbz said:

I for one do not have much more than 16 years of school.;;+ 5 years of trade school;;;;

Good luck to you Hoe.../
D.R.

Sorry D.R. I did not read all of this before I responded . :D :lol:

Dusty Roads":2fkt4awd said:
backhoeboogie":2fkt4awd said:

Good luck to you Hoe.../
D.R.

Ya'll might not have understood his intention. I work for the phone company. So the guy at the convieniant store doesn't know anything other than he is getting a lotto ckt. He doesn't know what it is called or how it works (this kind of ckt is called a subrate). Subrate ckt's are used for all kinds of things like atms and credit card machines but we adjust our terminology accordingly so people understand. I often times have receptionist in the city as my contact and when I start talking about requirements for 10 gauge ground and less than 5 ohms resistance I know they don't know. Its harder when I have a guy as a contact and he doesn't know and acts like he does.

Walt

Ya'll might not have understood his intention. I work for the phone company. So the guy at the convieniant store doesn't know anything other than he is getting a lotto ckt. He doesn't know what it is called or how it works (this kind of ckt is called a subrate). Subrate ckt's are used for all kinds of things like atms and credit card machines but we adjust our terminology accordingly so people understand. I often times have receptionist in the city as my contact and when I start talking about requirements for 10 gauge ground and less than 5 ohms resistance I know they don't know. Its harder when I have a guy as a contact and he doesn't know and acts like he does.

Walt[/quote]

Ok. Now just what is a ckt?

Ryder":ovv1hwqz said:

Walt

Ok. Now just what is a ckt?[/quote]

I think he is referring to a circuit that is not of the highest quality. Ok for real low speed data transmission but not good for voice or high speed data.

I had to edit because I am an idiot and can't speel.

flaboy&":1l1n2boi said:
Ryder":1l1n2boi said:

Walt

Ok. Now just what is a ckt?

I think he is referring to a circuit that is not of the highest quality. Ok for real low speed data transmission but not good for voice or high speed data.

I had to edit because I am an idiot and can't speel.[/quote]
Thanks.
Don't think youare a real idiot. Just ignorant.
:lol:
No, wait, it was me that didn't know what a ckt was. :roll:

The Bachelor":27pwfa5d said:
Jogeephus":27pwfa5d said:
...I don't really care what they think of me. I enjoy life and treat it like a game. Just as in a game of cards, I prefer not to show what I have in my hand.

I'm with ya Jogee. I am what I am. I'm an engineer who's just lucky enough to have grown up in the sticks in both Michigan and Alabama. In meetings I get alot of looks when I tell them I'm "fixin" (Alabama) to show them where the problem is "located at" (Michigan).

I mean they look at me like I should just be called "Engineer and Idiots" or something

What part of Michigan??

There is so much industry understood acronym and abbreviation useage that unless you're familiar with it you won;t know. Ask your local grocery store clerk about EPDs, a core dump, sematci cell count, DHIA, etc. and they'll most l;ikely give you that deer in the head lights look.

Txwalt":fjlx1d5z said:
Its harder when I have a guy as a contact and he doesn't know and acts like he does.

Walt

For critical things, use 3-way communication. It works.

Walt you are right about my intentions and wanting to help where I can. When someone doesn't understand, its failure, even if you have the perfect resolution. All kinds read these messages. There are many who are not even old enough to be out of HS yet.

backhoeboogie":29w26nns said:
Txwalt":29w26nns said:
Its harder when I have a guy as a contact and he doesn't know and acts like he does.

Walt

For critical things, use 3-way communication. It works.

Walt you are right about my intentions and wanting to help where I can. When someone doesn't understand, its failure, even if you have the perfect resolution. All kinds read these messages. There are many who are not even old enough to be out of HS yet.

Boogie you can't fence time or stupidity. Some people don't understand and some don't want to understand. People act on what they know and what they know which a very small amount of info.It's what you don't know that is endless.

CKC1586":1i6we3pb said:
The Bachelor":1i6we3pb said:
Jogeephus":1i6we3pb said:

What part of Michigan??

I'm from Clio, the wifes from Gladwin

Latest posts