Advising Wanted Please

Help Support CattleToday:

Jbreazie

Reaction score
Hey everyone, first of all i would like to introduce my self. First post i put on here. Im JB From AZ.
So im new to cattle raising i was going to go into it with two other good friends. I've been looking at land and doing research on how to do it. I found land about 45-60 minutes away. Not much just like 40-50 acres lots. i talked to my buddies and they said lets buy it, i have my share but they both told me they're broke at the moment. so i was pretty disappointed when i heard that. I have money to pay for the whole thing by myself but i dont want to lose a friendship over it i dont want them to think i ditched them when i go solo in the business. kind of don't know what to do.
Also i called the county today to check for zoning just to make sure cattle is ok and how many heads permitted and what not. then they tell me there must be a type of house before animals can go in. that was a curve ball as i will not have money to put a house or anything else for a while. Dont think i can get a loan as i have a mortgage already. Is there any advice on this end from what you guys have experienced? thanks so much for all the help. hopefully i made sense to you guys.

Three way partnership, 45-60 minutes away, 40-50 acres, build a building, and low stocking rate, this is not
for me.

Welcome to the board. You will enjoy the entertainment and learn a lot from these people. I know that I have.

First of all....would 40 acres an hour outside Prescott, Arizona support ONE animal? A 3 way split on that and I think you have your answer right there...

1982vett":3hbwoe7q said:
First of all....would 40 acres an hour outside Prescott, Arizona support ONE animal? A 3 way split on that and I think you have your answer right there...
Agreed!!

:welcome: to the Boards!!

Latest posts