Advertising Heifers/cows on a small operation

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
So I have a small herd and along with mine and a neighbors small herd I sell a few animals every year from each of our herds. Where is the best place to advertise for private sales with only a couple animals? I do manage to move the animals pretty decent but it takes a couple months to find the correct buyer with the limited sites I know about I also contact a lot of breeders individually.

For example a Simmental Heifer I am selling...
Black Simmental Heifer out of Jr.Champion state fair Simmental bull out of our top producing cow bred back for a 2013 calf to an Explorer son who will be shown this fall at the State Fair. This heifer has been shown many times by various levels of showman and will be an awesome show heifer for this year and after a great producing cow. VERY eye catching asking $2500

She will make a great production cow for any herd 205 day weights from this line easily are 850+ and produce big stout calves

PascheCattle2012spring062.jpg

PascheCattle2012spring039.jpg

I would send post card pictures to your past buyers , prospects, friends, neighbors and anybody else you can think of and see what happens.

I have the best response from craigslist too. I create a youtube video for them to get a better look.

I have tried craigslist and sold all my commercial cow/calf pairs in 24hours... I also have advertised on Show Steer, and classifieds on here also.

I am located in Central MN we will be selling some PB simmental cows either out of Black Joker or Rezult along with the heifer pictured above.

We just sold the above heifer to a local ffa member, we are selling her 3yr old dam and another 6yr old cow.

3yr old cow from our top producing cow and MN state fair res. champion bull. We A.I bred this cow to HOOKS PACESETTER 8P
CattleSale2012044.jpg

CattleSale2012035.jpg

6yr old cow out of PVF-BF BF26 Black Joker was bred June 1st to herd bull and Explorer son.
CattleSale2012021.jpg

2012 heifer calf out of 6yr old cow above out of 3C Macho 6mths and 590#
mobile254.jpg

We took the calves off a couple weeks before this picture.. So no the udders are not in the best shape.

Both cattle come from a very reputable lines and proven producers and show animals. Yes, udder is not the tightest but she is a proven producer and has excellent milk production. The 3yr old does not have a poor udder and shows no signs of being a poor udder its very tight and correct udder with great teats and shown down at state shows have had comments on her great udder.

If you don't have something nice to say don't say it, very immature to comment like this on a thread and I have very little respect and doubt your knowledge on cattle because of those comments.

*For the people who post rude comments*
Please do not reply further on this thread or you are perusing your inability to judge.

I found it very offensive since you are talking about my cattle, proven lines, proven genetics, and proven show winners.

Just saying don't post rude comments, or else your proving your not the brightest bulb in the tree, or sharpest tool in the shed :)

Latest posts