Ads for cows in local paper

Help Support CattleToday:

dun":3lxf43h4 said:
bigbull338":3lxf43h4 said:
I have things setup at my bank where i can write an open end check.now that means i have the amount im spending more or less pre set.an when i write a check for cattle say today.all i have todo is call them monday morning.tell them the amount of the check an they will cover it.no questions asked.if i need to i can go over the preset amount i need.

We have the same thing only I don;t have to call the bank. It's called a checkbook

dun
i use the checkbook to.but on checks over $6000 i have to transfer the money from 1 account to the other.

Then you've got a line of credit with your bank. Most businesses have that set up. Back when I was going to alot of machinery auctions, I usually had the bank issue a letter of credit for 50k or so, which guarantees payment to the seller for anything I bought up to that amount. Money would be wired into their account by the next morning.

You probably also have overdraft protection, which would cover any check you write to the payee, but would charge back to you any charges that the bank would levy. This keeps you from having to pay the $40 returned check fee to Wal-mart or the local feed store or whereever one writes a hot check to. But the bank will hit you pretty hard with their insufficient fund fees and every other fee they can think of.

It's always nice to be able to run a bad check through someone's account several times, forcing them to pay the bank fee each time, whenever you call them and let them know their check bounced and they lie to you and tell you they didnt realize it or it must have been a mistake or that they will come right down and make it good. Each time we run it through they get charged a insufficient fund charge. Costs me $2 bucks each time, but sometimes you get lucky and run it through right after a payday deposit and the check clears.

The fun part of running your own business, dealing with the low lifes who have no intention of ever paying you for the work you do. Employees never see that part of it, they just think we sit behind our desk while the Brinks trucks unload piles and piles of money at our feet!

well 1 thing is for sure i have no problem with hot checks.because if the money aint there it dont get wrote.as for the babk.it helps when your family has done bussiness there over 60yrs

Latest posts