Adjusting bale tightness on a round baler

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd":3l6s17wj said:
So you bought it. now if you have my luck when you get it home you will find some things that you over looked.

Yep, that's the way my luck's running too, according to most of the previous post. But, I did buy it knowing it would have to be worked on. That's the way I gotta do it.

Now I'm just wondering that if the Govt. can spend itself out of the hole, maybe i should have a shovel.... :roll:

Dirtdoctor, does a picture like that do you any good? The manual is a reproduction from some outfit that specializes in that sort of thing. I got it through my hesston dealer. The picture quality isn't that hot as it appears to be a photocopy. That and trying to cram the thing into my scanner makes it kinda iffy. I'd try to get one through a dealer. If you can't or you want some pages right away let me know. It'll just take a little while but we can get her done somehow. That page is the one about raising the pickup like you pm'd me . I see some of it's cut off but it was more to see if it even came out okay.

Smith1000, The piece of angle I am talking about is about 4" angle. I believe it is different from the scraper you refered to. It may not have what I am talking about.

That sounds like the piece I am thinking about. It is about 4 inches and has a lip. I would have to look at it closer though.

Train":3derxzom said:
That page is the one about raising the pickup like you pm'd me . I see some of it's cut off but it was more to see if it even came out okay.

That's the book i'd like to have, it's the normal adjustments that I need to know, usually one way or another stuff gets figured out, but it sure is alot easier with the book! If the books too big I'd hate for you to spend too much time scanning/copying it. I'm heading to an old hesston dealer tomorrow, maybe he'll have a copy.

Ed, if you're not able to find a book, let me know and I'll send you this one I have here. Its a photocopy of one, and you can photocopy it easily and send it on back to me. I'd give it to you, but you just never know when someone will have a question.

Rod

Keep in mind that the tighter the bale, the more stress and strain on the belts. i would rather a bale thats not so packed. makes it easier on the baler belts and the baler and the tractor. the bigger and tighter the bale, you can feel the load on the tractor when your baling. i ran a 5500 for a few years, they are a baler that makes good bales, just make sure your hay is cured good and don't make your windrows too big and don't get in a hurry. i don't think u can do anything about the tension anyway as far as adjustments to the baler. i've still got that 55oo Heston, i'll take a look at it and if i see any i'll get back to u.