Actual BW Vs BW EPD

Help Support CattleToday:

Yes Cain. I looked that up and forgot to post. no I wish he was my bull. The big kicker is he was limping badly at the sale. There were seven 2536 sons, most from DHD Trav. . All but one were limping. The only one that was not sold also for 20,000 and went to Limestone.

Scotty

ranchmgr":32tdmx5f said:
The calving problems caused by to big of calf would be non-existent.
Growth potential of the bull should be exspressed, it may even be accentuated in the jersey do to milk yield and content.
This hypothesis incorporates considerable assumptions not necessarily substantiated by prima facie evidence. If "The calving problems caused by too big of calf would be non-existent" could be verifiably systematized and affordable - it would mean a whole new ball game of scientific Beef Cattle breeding strategies :shock: "Step bac - Ah say, Step back and watch her fizz!" :lol: ;-) :nod:

DOC HARRIS

DOC HARRIS":2dgd9xiw said:
ranchmgr":2dgd9xiw said:
Growth potential of the bull should be exspressed, it may even be accentuated in the jersey do to milk yield and content.
This hypothesis incorporates considerable assumptions not necessarily substantiated by prima facie evidence. If "The calving problems caused by too big of calf would be non-existent" could be verifiably systematized and affordable - it would mean a whole new ball game of scientific Beef Cattle breeding strategies :shock: "Step bac - Ah say, Step back and watch her fizz!" :lol: ;-) :nod:

DOC HARRIS

Doc, that's why I'm wondering about: some serious implications here. Use a jersey or brahman cow and breed to the biggest WW and YW bull you can, and don't have to worry about calving difficulties??? Sounds almost too good to be true. With today's science, I wish they could transpose some of those genes that limit birth weight to other breeds of cows.

Where's caustic when you need his experience with brahmans?

DOC HARRIS":17bvu965 said:
ranchmgr":17bvu965 said:

DOC HARRIS
Are you implying Texas A.M. research is wrong?

ranchmgr":2xd02emv said:
DOC HARRIS":2xd02emv said:
ranchmgr":2xd02emv said:

DOC HARRIS
ranchmgr-I am not implying anything of the kind! You didn't cite ANY bibliography. I have no idea where that information originated or how factual or scientifically-authentic it may be! Re-read my post. I am suggesting that, if this premise is genuine, an entire 'New Day' in cattle breeding has dawned, and the implications are daunting, to say the very least! I am all in favor of progress - - as long as it is truly PROGRESS!

DOC HARRIS

ranchmgr":25twapfy said:
DOC HARRIS":25twapfy said:
ranchmgr":25twapfy said:

DOC HARRIS

I won't speek for DOC but for myself I have seen research low in accuracy. Can't beleive it jsut because you read it. Not trying to start something but just playing devils advocate.

Scotty

Scotty":so7wh3e7 said:
ranchmgr":so7wh3e7 said:
DOC HARRIS":so7wh3e7 said:
ranchmgr":so7wh3e7 said:

DOC HARRIS
I won't speek for DOC but for myself I have seen research low in accuracy. Can't beleive it jsut because you read it. Not trying to start something but just playing devils advocate.

Scotty
http://muextension.missouri.edu/exp...her fizz!"-DOC HARRIS I'm ready for the fizz!

ranchmgr-I am not implying anything of the kind! You didn't cite ANY bibliography. I have no idea where that information originated or how factual or scientifically-authentic it may be! Re-read my post. I am suggesting that, if this premise is genuine, an entire 'New Day' in cattle breeding has dawned, and the implications are daunting, to say the very least! I am all in favor of progress - - as long as it is truly PROGRESS!

DOC HARRIS

SORRY Doc! I was posting at the same time as you and didn't see your intent, or I wouldn't have been as abrasive!