About Time Ladies!

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Well now that it's 2014, we finally made it through calving. Lot's of waiting and one large surprise for us! We put the same bull we used last year back out with the girls at the house. (All Maine crosses, a few old show girls in there) I snapped a few pictures when I was over on Christmas, and I felt the need to share. :D

http://s1217.photobucket.com/user/bling ... ml?filters[user]=119162880&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

The link should take you to the pictures of all 5 calves (plus one of my adorable smooshed faced dog). All of them have the same Angus sire.
The Strictly Business heifer is about 3/4 Angus, Mid Oct calf.
Full Flush heifer (with mom right behind her) is a mid Oct, and I'm loving how she maturing.
Sadie's heifer is a late Dec, Sadie being a Hired Man (shes the one in front with more white on her face)
Wanda's Bull was the first one born in Late Sept, Wanda being a Sun Seeker
And lastly the surprise! Alley's Bull Mid Dec, Alley is a Maine cross with Meyer 734 as her grand sire. Alley's last calf was born Jan of 2013 so I was not expecting her to re-breed, since she normally has a very tough time carrying a calf to term.

It seemed like every time I went over to see them a new calf was popping up. Though I do wonder why they all calved so late? The previous calves had been pulled off in March, and the bull had been put in with them in January. The calves were brought up to the barn often to give mom a break and get some hands on time with them.

Latest posts