A new one on me!

Help Support CattleToday:

For those of you who have an interest, SL has reopened this 2007 cold case on another board as a result of "lost hoofs, dead cattle ".
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=88590

FYI:
It has been determined that these animals were being fed Ethanol by-product at a rate of approx. 35% without knowing it's dangers.
Liz

TennesseeTuxedo":283ji53c said:
For those of you who have an interest, SL has reopened this 2007 cold case on another board as a result of "lost hoofs, dead cattle ".

Freudian slip Liz?

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :cowboy: :cowboy: :cowboy: :cowboy: :cowboy: :cowboy: :cowboy:

NC Liz 2":1ob0npis said:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=88590

FYI:
It has been determined that these animals were being fed Ethanol by-product at a rate of approx. 35% without knowing it's dangers.
Liz
SL/Liz...where did it say that and how do you know they did not include something in the ration to serve as antagonist to the absorption of this awful sulfur??

In the case study SL posted on a private board.
As I remember it, this animal was weaned and placed on a ration of ground grass hay, Ethanol wet millings and cottonseed hulls for approx 60 days.
No other supplements were given except free choice granular minerals.
Gossypol Toxicity was ruled out.
High levels of sulfur in the water was ruled out
Which only left Ethanol wet millings as a possible cause.

At this point the investigation stalled with no resolution and went into the direction of sulfur being passive.

We will probably never know exactly what caused this particular problem but with these new cases of lost hoofs and dead cattle it could be a possibility to consider.
Liz

HDRider":n5vaw2ao said:
I am getting confused is Sir a girl or is Liz a guy?
He/she gets confused too. Can't remember is he/she is Liz or SL. This may get interesting. :mrgreen:

TexasBred":14bd0z1v said:
HDRider":14bd0z1v said:
I am getting confused is Sir a girl or is Liz a guy?
He/she gets confused too. Can't remember is he/she is Liz or SL. This may get interesting. :mrgreen:
Don;t forget medicine woman

Loin was also medicine woman? Surely not. I liked her. Now you gotta ruin it for me.

Bigfoot":8lp0sm8u said:
Loin was also medicine woman? Surely not. I liked her. Now you gotta ruin it for me.

Scratch that, I was thinking of the young lady in vet school.

Bigfoot":2rqp6uy3 said:
Bigfoot":2rqp6uy3 said:

Milkmaid
I was expecting her to post during Christmas break
She is one I wished would have stayed around

Bigfoot":khsbne2k said:
Bigfoot":khsbne2k said:

Bigfoot you are correct. Sirloin is/was "Medicine Woman" also. He seems to think using feminine names will hide his personality.

cross_7":ew8zvoz7 said:
Milkmaid

Yes. And about a dozen more good ones driven away

backhoeboogie":26ouumuj said:
cross_7":26ouumuj said:
Milkmaid

Yes. And about a dozen more good ones driven away
That was milkmaid, miss her a lot.

cross_7":2regwq13 said:
Bigfoot":2regwq13 said:
Bigfoot":2regwq13 said:

Milkmaid

By now she is eyeballs deep in Vet school, no easy task. I also liked her.

Vicky the Vet was good to have around, she was one that got driven away.

Latest posts