A new drink??

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm a high functioning alcoholic. I have a few beers every evening and generally start earlier than that on Sat or Sun. Something comes up every now and then and I'll miss a day and it never bothers me. I don't want one at work and I 99% of the time never even have a buzz just a couple after work. Having an open beer is a habit more than anything. Wife is mildly concerned as her father was a full blown alcoholic so I need to be more sensitive to that. I'm making it a point to cut back starting today actually. (got a pretty good rear chewing last night) I do need to do better and I am aware of the issue. Surely that is a start. I'm not worried about it but love her and my kids so I'll be mindful for their sake.

J&D Cattle":6owuhden said:
I'm a high functioning alcoholic. I have a few beers every evening and generally start earlier than that on Sat or Sun. Something comes up every now and then and I'll miss a day and it never bothers me. I don't want one at work and I 99% of the time never even have a buzz just a couple after work. Having an open beer is a habit more than anything. Wife is mildly concerned as her father was a full blown alcoholic so I need to be more sensitive to that. I'm making it a point to cut back starting today actually. (got a pretty good rear chewing last night) I do need to do better and I am aware of the issue. Surely that is a start. I'm not worried about it but love her and my kids so I'll be mindful for their sake.
Another good post. Thanks for sharing your situation. If there is a scale of high v. low functioning alcoholics, I would also consider myself a high functioning alcoholic. It's different for everybody and different for those close to us. There is no one size fits all in regards to "rules for people who drink".
It would be a very long story explaining why I started drinking, and why I continue, and they are for different reasons. All things considered, I am a fortunate man in that I can chose to avoid it at any time, and also fortunate that my wife also enjoys a good relaxing drink, therefore understands why I do as well. She's a peach

Latest posts