A kinder, gentler world vs. mass murders ???

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kathie in Thorp

Reaction score
So, I've been here for awhile, and most of you know how I stand on gun control and most liberal spoutings. This is going to be a long rant, and I apologize if you have a short attention span . . . .

My one and only child posted this on her FB page after the shootings at the college in Oregon (she was commenting on an article about the accessibility of guns): "The take away from this article is not gun control, the take away stems from this statement 'He appears to be an angry young man who was very filled with hate.' Hate, that I can only presume was perpetuated by a society that wants to beat their chests that their religion, their political beliefs, their skin color, their whatever is somehow better than their neighbors. Come on folks...it's time we open our eyes beyond our own narrow personal beliefs and accept and embrace diversity."

I was, like, ARE YOU KIDDING ME ?? and responded (including some language I pilfered from this site, because I agreed with it): "Why would you assume the rest of society perpetuated his hate? News media today says he was reclusive, was (at minimum) intrigued with other mass murders, and wasn't a fan of organized religion (millions of people don't do "organized religion"). I'm not sure this one was necessarily a mental illness case. What I think we're seeing now is a generation of kids deprived at home and being "raised" on the internet with a bunch of similarly deprived kids. They understand right and wrong, but aren't mature enough to fully appreciate life and death. They get a chip on their shoulder for whatever reason, and they don't know how to deal with it like a normal person. Not sure if it's been verified, but the kid MAY have told everyone on some website what he planned to do, and some of the little pukers on there even encouraged him and told him how to kill more people. The entire website revolves around a bunch of dysfunctional kids talking about things like this."

And she said, "I believe it was also the ever-reliable media that reported he asked all the victims if they believed in God before he shot them...I believe if they are being "raised" by the internet, they probably don't have role-model adults they can go to to have safe conversations with and learn coping mechanisms from...I believe that reclusive can be indicative of mental illness, but there needs to be someone willing to approach and engage rather than labeling them "little pukes" and dysfunctional kids...shall I continue?"

And I said, "He asked, ARE YOU CHRISTIAN? Of course you can continue . . . I'm sure you don't want to label, but how would you describe those kids, and what's the solution? You got one?"

And she commented that she'd already posted her view on solution . . . . and I responded: "DIVERSITY. RIght. The Roseburg shooter, far as I know, didn't have a race issue. Not a gender issue. Embraced anti government and posted swastikas. Wasn't a fan of organized religion. Just what do you think his frk'n problem was, that society is supposed to fix?"

And her reply that pretty much ended the conversation, cuz I was getting nowhere with her and vice versa, was "This debate is going nowhere...My point in my original post was that if people would quit with their superiority complexes, believing that they are somehow better than their neighbor because of or in spite of their differences, and would instead accept diversity, these people who are made to feel inferior might not spiral so far down the mental health spectrum that they feel a need to retaliate against those who they feel have belittled them. I'm out."

So, I've been chastised for attacking her . . . yada, yada, and am now in my place as the Wicked Witch of the West.

It is the liberal, progressive thinking that is the problem. It teaches there is no god, your existence is merely happenstance. You are not accountable for your actions, blame someone else, blame the system, anything but yourself. No morals are absolute. Give in to your most base desires. Its right there on the internet. Celebrate it, don't shun it.

Society is teaching our youth that they are nothing more than animals, and then everyone seems so shocked when they act them.

I have one question, was he Muslim?
Are problem youth are so often from broken homes and fatherless homes. Are prisons are full of these types.

Waterway65":jfi1zfix said:
I have one question, was he Muslim?
Are problem youth are so often from broken homes and fatherless homes. Are prisons are full of these types.
I can't answer that, Waterway65. I can't answer any of it. Broken/fatherless homes may be part of it. I think "indifference" to problem kids are much of it. If the bad guys are in prison, they aren't out shooting.

I read somewhere that he was Muslim but changed his profile before he did his jihad crap. Also read where he only had two people on his MySpace board - one a known terrorist and because of this HE himself was on European terrorist watch list which the Obama administration refuses to use because they say its not credible.

Assuming this is true, what we have here is a mixed race child who didn't quite fit in, one who was neither black or white, lonely, with mental and adjustment problems that put him in special needs classes during grade school. You take a disturbed person like this who isn't happy with himself and who wants to be someone else and they are easily manipulated by anyone disturbed enough to work him like a puppet for either sick fun or for evil. He was the perfect recruit for any whacko terrorist group.

Kathie in Thorp":28v793o7 said:
'He appears to be an angry young man who was very filled with hate.' Hate, that I can only presume was perpetuated by a society that wants to beat their chests that their religion, their political beliefs, their skin color, their whatever is somehow better than their neighbors. Come on folks...it's time we open our eyes beyond our own narrow personal beliefs and accept and embrace diversity."

Kathy, I think your daughter is partially right in her beliefs only this nut case wasn't part of our society and it is sounding more and more like he chose to join the Muslim society and their sole purpose on this earth is to kill Christians. What we see as right and wrong; humane or inhumane does not apply to these people. They are no better than animals and they can bash your head in with a brick and it would not be considered wrong because if they can justify it toward the advancement of Islam then it is GOOD. This is why slavery, robbing, beheading, burning people alive is not viewed as anything out of the ordinary under their belief system. This, I think, is why he changed his profile to conservative republican to discredit the republicans because the republicans don't buy this dog and pony show with Islam unlike the idiots on the other side of the isle who have done more toward the advancement of Islam than anyone in history. These folks are so easily played and manipulated because they seem to really believe in unicorns that fart fairy dust.

Its a strange world we live in. I never would have thought I'd ever say anything good about Russia but I think Putin gets it. He is killing the people who are killing Christians and WE are giving the very people killing Christians money and arms. And no, if your daughter says I'm putting my religion above Islam I'm not. Islam is NOT a religion. It is a form of government with religion being just a small part. It was built on rape, murder, robbery, torture, slavery, pedophilia and extortion so how can anyone be so dim as to believe its a peaceful religion when it is the very essence of what she is ranting about?

What I see is that just as a minority of Muslims are making a bad name for the whole group, so it is with Christians, especially the ones who dutifully go to church on sundays and forget about it for the other 6 days.. plenty of those in politics!

secondly.. kids are getting to be way too sheltered in one direction, and far too exposed on the other... on the exposed side, they can watch and see anything on TV and the internet, discipline of any kind is called abuse..
Meanwhile, on the sheltered side we have euphemisms for everything now.. on FB I recently saw a mother post something on "how to say goodbye without saying goodbye".. like 'see you later alligator' and so on. So apparently kids can't even handle saying goodbye to someone now.. so coping mechanisms to something the least bit sad isn't exercised.. This is evidently minor, but it's opening the can of worms. Some balance needs to be struck.. perhaps if you say goodbye to your kid when you leave for work would teach them that it's not the end of the world.. you'll be back in 8 hours.

I had a third point but I've lost my train of though now.

A good muslim? Nesi, you got to be kidding me. The Koran preaches nothing but hate. As for Christianity, you have a lot of people who profess to be Christian but their words and actions tell otherwise. You can see this hypocrisy everywhere but as its put in James fresh water and salt water don't come from the same spring. In Christianity you are to hate the sin and not the sinner. In Islam you simply behead the nonbeliever or set them on fire. Tolerance is not part of the religion. History and recent events have shown this to be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts