A couple pics of my new to me Komatsu D-65

Help Support CattleToday:

JSCATTLE":3ntxmy2g said:
tsmaxx47":3ntxmy2g said:
jed; is that the same as what they call a root plow in texas?
In Texas they call that a shear ..with a shear you can hit the stump in the center and split it the blade will roll half out on either side of the dozer..that's a good lookin machine you got there ....
JS I don't think it is the same I have ran dozers most of my life and I had never seen one like they use down here

this is a blade that they run UNDER the ground and cut off the roots then push the stump out whole it is different and sure wouldn't work in rocky ground

OhioSteve never ran an old D65 put had a few of the newer D65EX's and liked them the EX was actually just a hair smaller than a D6 cat
looks like a good old machine

After they clear cut here and before they replant they run an shear over the site .. its a dozer blade shaped like a reverse v with a point that's about 3 foot long usually on d 9 s they really clear the land..

Here is what a KG or stinger blade is. Notice the projecting stinger on the left end of the blade. There is a "window" cut in the upper portion of the blade so the operator can see the stinger to control placement of the spear into the tree.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCUbbzZy ... re=related

The A rig mentioned is a V blade and works like a stinger but better. Downside is the V blade is heavy.

24feabee.jpg

Stinger
8af10ca2.jpg

Rake
These are a little old and smaller but the design is the same.

ohiosteve":1cnxxw9c said:
My boss was trading this beast in and gave me a heck of a deal.
october_2011_145.JPG

She is definetly a both hands and both feet to operate machine but man will she push. 11'6" blade and you can fill her up!
october_2011_163.JPG

Those are really great pics, got any more? Looking for real-life pictures to my collection (so that i can put them on my wallpaper ;) ). Currently I have been looking at those two blogs, one with pictures of farm machinery and another with pictures of heavy machinery (same owner I believe). But unfortunatey they rarely have pics I'm looking for...

Angus Cowman":3puqu1rw said:
JSCATTLE":3puqu1rw said:
tsmaxx47":3puqu1rw said:
jed; is that the same as what they call a root plow in texas?
In Texas they call that a shear ..with a shear you can hit the stump in the center and split it the blade will roll half out on either side of the dozer..that's a good lookin machine you got there ....
JS I don't think it is the same I have ran dozers most of my life and I had never seen one like they use down here

this is a blade that they run UNDER the ground and cut off the roots then push the stump out whole it is different and sure wouldn't work in rocky ground

OhioSteve never ran an old D65 put had a few of the newer D65EX's and liked them the EX was actually just a hair smaller than a D6 cat
looks like a good old machine

A D-8 or 9 will make 14 to 15 acres of woods into field in a day with a shear blade. Love a shear blade cut the stumps off below the ground and make a windrow out of the timber to burn.

Latest posts