a Christmas I will never forget Pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

john s

Reaction score
Ice_Christmas_2013.jpg
Ice_Christmas_2013_1.jpg
as you can see the Ice is about 3/8 to 1/2 inch thick I have more pictures if Interested PM me still lots of folks with no power trees are all Coated in heavy Ice many trees and branches down

Any idea when power will be restored?
If a heavy ice storm were to happen here, it would be a disaster of hurricane proportions.

Good luck with it John.

They are saying some people possible the weekend or later, It may end up being worst ice storm in Michigan history. I am sure there are some Deaths as a result. Saturday it turned bad within a matter of a few hours lost power what is so odd is you can drive 10 miles all different then 100 miles bad just widespread chaos-- last time it happened even close to this was 1977

Wasn't the greatest Christmas wife and I have had either. Took her to the ER at 11:30PM last night--got her back home 6:30 this morning. Docs can't decide if it's meningitis or a flu variation----she suddenly began getting terrible headaches. She woke up with it yesterday morning, and things got progressively worse as the day and night went on. That was my biggest concern--how quickly it came on. We had gone into town the night before, did some shopping, had a nice dinner at our favorite Mexican joint, about 9pm, and back home by 11pm. Nothing wrong, then she gets up late in the morning a totally different person healthwise.
I thought food poisoning--she had shrimp/beef fajitas at dinner, but doc said blood work showed nothing--cat scan-nothing.
Tonight--Doing better than last night--but not by much. I don't feel too good myself and we stayed home instead of meeting with the rest of the family. I just finished cooking our Christmas ham and stuff, but neither of us feels like eating.
I dunno if it qualifies as one I'll never forget, but it was a Christmas of a different sort.

Our prayers are with your wife and you! Please keep us posted and best wishes on a good outcome.

Alan

So sorry to hear that from both of you.
We had bad storm here and a lot of people are without power, fortunately we are a few miles from where it went down, some got it back yesterday morning others not expected 'til weekend. We just lost a tree and garbage bins. There were four reported killed. High winds and rain, but nothing on the scale you guys get, but none the less bad.
Grey, hope you and your wife make a speedy recovery, you are both in my prayers.
Both of you let us know how you get on.

john s":3kgoixe2 said:
They are saying some people possible the weekend or later, It may end up being worst ice storm in Michigan history. I am sure there are some Deaths as a result. Saturday it turned bad within a matter of a few hours lost power what is so odd is you can drive 10 miles all different then 100 miles bad just widespread chaos-- last time it happened even close to this was 1977
Yup, we were out for 4 days. Best Christmas present was power at 9:00 am! House is almost warm again this morning....

My Prayers to you and yours grey and to all Members and family of Cattle today God Bless and Hope all the rest of the Holidays are Great Memories!! :D :D

Hate you guys have to go through all that. GB, the only way to test for all food borne illnesses is from a fecal sample. If they didn't do that there's still a chance it could be. I'm putting all of you on my prayer list.

Wow Red that would S_ck I know it really makes you appreciate Having that Juice. When you think you have it tough all you have to do is look around and realize there is always someone who has it much more difficult.

john s":pqnv256y said:
Wow Red that would S_ck I know it really makes you appreciate Having that Juice. When you think you have it tough all you have to do is look around and realize there is always someone who has it much more difficult.
Yup Board of Water and light in Lansing area is still out. Tri County customers are nearly all restored,Consumers power is getting close to restoration. I think it was 1977,my Dad said sure am glad I am not milking, he had switched to beef just before that.

Latest posts