A cattlemen's protest in Washington DC for the Hammonds.

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd":3mtbt4f1 said:
I have not got time to go any where have to stay home and take care of my business and let the Hammonds take care of theirs. The only think the occupiers highlighted is how ranchers use the public lands. They did not gain enough sympathy from any one that mattered.

Hurleyjd, it doesn't matter what race or gender you are, the government should not make an example out of you. The Hammonds aren't thugs, thieves or looters. The only beef they have is with the government. And all they were trying to do is save their ranch and grass from being burnt to the dirt.
We are the government, and they supposedly work for us. And the politicians forget that more and more every day. I've always tried to do what I thought was right, and just because it's the law doesn't mean it's right. And the Hammonds were done wrong. IMO

hurleyjd":tvix62ca said:
I have not got time to go any where have to stay home and take care of my business and let the Hammonds take care of theirs. The only think the occupiers highlighted is how ranchers use the public lands. They did not gain enough sympathy from any one that mattered.

I believe this is correct. The thing I and I am sure others learned is that the rent for BLM is essentially the same as it was over 80 years ago. Also how much the federal government loses on the grazing program. The Hammonds were sentenced to a mandatory minimum that too is very understandable. Finally the type of people and the weapons the Bundys surrounded themselves with is uncomfortable to most Americans. I believe the BLM ranchers will rue the day this started, farmguy

I think what would have the biggest affect is a honey wagon full of sweet water sprayed out on the capital steps.
Though I doubt any of politicians would notice the smell.

Bigfoot":14j1kphu said:
Thought about this a lot today. Need to somehow get a country music star talking about this thing. Somebody with brass fries. Then you'll get people talking. Truth is, I've only ran in to one person that even knows anything about all of this. He thought they were poachers.

Which country music star is it you believe care about country folk now days?

Latest posts