Votes: 5 35.7%
  • B)

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • C)

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Just read an interview with Adam Lanza's father who said he didn't think his son was crazy just a bit peculiar. He did admit he wished Adam had never been born.

This got me to wondering what would happen is we lived in another time and place where we were serious about raising quality children like cattle and practiced culling or retroactive abortions. Completely hypothetical question of course but I wonder how good we'd be at picking out the culls from the lot.

Just for fun, I'd like to test this with a poll. Which one would you cull? I'd also like to know why you chose to keep the two you did.

A)

B)

C)

I culled B because he has serial killer eyes.

I kept #1 because he and I share the same hobby.

I kept #3 because he can probably whip me or will be able to soon.

I read the interview too. I thought it was interesting that they (the parents) took the kid to many mental health pros and nobody detected anything that would have indicated he was capable of committing something like Sandy Hook. Yet the dad says he knew without a doubt the kid would have killed him if he had the chance. I guess folks can just snap. That's pretty damn scary.

I voted B too. Kid has the crazy eyes.

#2 is ok. He's gonna be fine...#3 looks like a future professional athlete of somekind. #1 is the one you can't turn your back on. He's got that look of innocence that will fool most. What??

I don't have children so I didn't vote .
However I do think that some people are broken from day one and should never have been born. How do you wake up one morning and decide to commit murder .

HD, when I look at his picture the first thing that comes to my mind is he is a latch-key child whose parents didn't bother to make room for him in their lives. Just look at his hair. All messed up and no one has taken time to take him to a barber or teach him grooming skills. He looks like a throw away kid to me with a lot of insecurity about him. Had someone just spent time with him and showed him what love was, gave him some attention, responsibility and encouragement to come out of his shell, I don't believe this ever would have happened. Instead, they didn't bother. Just left him to fend for himself and he became absorbed in his own little world of violent computer games where he could vent his anger and when this wasn't enough he went real with it all.

hillsdown":18poun2l said:
I don't have children so I didn't vote .
However I do think that some people are broken from day one and should never have been born. How do you wake up one morning and decide to commit murder .
Hard to imagine what sets them off. We often make lite of the old expression "The straw that broke the camel's back"..... just one more straw was too much.

HOLY COW!!!!

I believe that the old "Nature/Nurture" thing might apply in this case. If someone has raised a kid to the age where the parent(s) might fear for their life maybe didn't do such a good job raising the kid!

Take the first picture. How can anyone say this tiny, cute baby would be a killer at this age?

Picture number two is of a teenager acting as a typical teenager. Certainly no indication of a crazed killer, just a kid acting funny.

Aww, now we come to picture three. In time, this kid might grow up to be president. Crap, strike that. Wouldn't wish that on anybody. The baby did not paint all that on his own body, someone else did. There is where the problem lies.

I didn't say that sometimes teenagers haven't gotten on my nerves. I hate them. But I would rather be able to tear open their heads and pour in about 50 years of life experience.

Didn't vote.

Didn't vote.
I got one that's a drug addict
One who's dead,but was setteling down to be a good wife and wanted to adopt a couple of kids
And one who's a welder/musican/guitar builder

Jogeephus":1m7llbbk said:
HD, when I look at his picture the first thing that comes to my mind is he is a latch-key child whose parents didn't bother to make room for him in their lives. Just look at his hair. All messed up and no one has taken time to take him to a barber or teach him grooming skills. He looks like a throw away kid to me with a lot of insecurity about him. Had someone just spent time with him and showed him what love was, gave him some attention, responsibility and encouragement to come out of his shell, I don't believe this ever would have happened. Instead, they didn't bother. Just left him to fend for himself and he became absorbed in his own little world of violent computer games where he could vent his anger and when this wasn't enough he went real with it all.

So I guess the question should be who should have children and who should not .

I still stand by my theory that some are broken , however under the "right" circumstances they can be functional in a real world .

Just who is going to raise and spend time with all of these children that their parents do not give a flying bleep about .

Can't argue with your theory but I think many are broken along the way. When I look at the picture one child comes to mind. He shares the look and whenever I get around him he is just so hungry for attention, guidance and direction. HIs parents just can't be bothered with him. Its sad.

hillsdown":1wb7kc26 said:
Jogeephus":1wb7kc26 said:

So I guess the question should be who should have children and who should not .

I still stand by my theory that some are broken , however under the "right" circumstances they can be functional in a real world .

Just who is going to raise and spend time with all of these children that their parents do not give a flying bleep about .
His name is Larry, as in on delivery day his "mom" told the nurse, "Larry, Moe, Curly, take your pick." He came to us off and on for a few years before both parents went to jail and then he was here for a few years strait. He would still be here if his mom had not gotten things turned around. He's doing well now and has even won a few citizenship awards at school. We're not actively involved in his life now as we felt it would be best for his sake to fall in to a routine with his mom but she calls me a few times a month and I can still step in and yank his chain when he needs it.
My wife and I have discussed taking in foster kids but we're waiting until our two are grown before we start... There are LOTS of us out here.

HD and Joe your both right
Some are just born bad and some are born into a bad situation
You can't fix bad gene's or no parenting
Our system of putting kids in juvenile detention centers doesn't help them either
Putting kids in handcuffs face down and shackle their feet to their hands for hours or overnight to teach them to control their emotions is wrong
Solidarity confinement, the in your face intimidation tactics
The soft get abused by others so to survive you get mean
You come out of there without fear
After that no man will have that type of control again and you take from the world what you want.
I'd say very few ever make it and become legit
Then we wonder why so many trouble youth continue down the same path

I've often thought of what I could do to help those type boys and never have figured it out
I've thought of going to work at one of those places but I couldn't change anything and I sure couldn't stand back and watch them abuse them boys like that
So I do nothing

Sorry Joe if I ruined your post
This may sound weird and I don't want to take this down the wrong path but I can tell you whoever wrote this has been there

And with the early dawn,
Moving right along, I couldn't buy an eye-full of sleep.
And in the aching night under satellites, I was not received.
Built with stolen parts, a telephone in my heart, someone get me a priest to put my mind to bed.
This ringing in my head, is this a cure or is this a disease?

Nail in my hand, from my creator.
You gave me life, now show me how to live.

And in the after birth, on the quiet earth, let the stains remind you, you thought you made a man.
You better think again, before my role defines you.

And in your waiting hands, I will land, and roll out of my skin.
And in your final hours I will stand, Ready to begin?
Ready to begin? Ready to begin? Ready to begin?

Show me how to live, Show me how to live,
Show me how to live, Show me how to live.

When Jesus rose early on the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had driven seven demons.

I believe they are demon processed in most of those type cases and that's why finding God and salvation cures so many

I culled C because the other two look like they might be human.
There's something not quite right about the way the light reflects off C.

Having said that, I'd want to see some real good females in the herd that retains A and B, to overcome their less than desirable genetics. Lack of eye pigment is definitely going to cause B problems in the future. All that white attracts dirt, then infection, in no time it's a cancer. I read that on these boards so it must be true.

Latest posts