900 horse power

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd

Reaction score
No smoke stacks required.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/nikola-and-gm-team-up-to-make-this-900-horsepower-super-electric-truck-113011979.html

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Isn't that the company that was recently charged with producing a fraudulent video of this super truck in action when in reality it was rolling down an incline not under its own power?

Yep same company and I think that GM has invested in this company. All electric f150 coming.

hurleyjd said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Isn't that the company that was recently charged with producing a fraudulent video of this super truck in action when in reality it was rolling down an incline not under its own power?

Yep same company and I think that GM has invested in this company. All electric f150 coming.

Have the solved the problem of what to do with the batteries out of these vehicles once they are spent? Pretty toxic as I understand it.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
hurleyjd said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

Have the solved the problem of what to do with the batteries out of these vehicles once they are spent? Pretty toxic as I understand it.

Some Googling tells me that they can be recycled. Same as your cell phone battery. Toxco in the US does it.

Silver said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
hurleyjd said:

Some Googling tells me that they can be recycled. Same as your cell phone battery. Toxco in the US does it.

What a relief. I expect they're very inexpensive to replace. Does google have a clue on that?

I'll believe it when they can pull a mountain pass around here.. 900 hp probably sucks the life out of the batteries in 10 minutes

It's expected to have 906 horsepower and have a 600-mile range using both battery and hydrogen fuel cells. Nikola has said pricing will start at $60,000 for the electric vehicle version and $90,000 for the one that also includes the hydrogen cell.

Sounds about to good to be true IMO.

sim.-ang.king said:
Add on a 1/4 million per year to charge it, but electricity is cheap, and comes from the wall...

Actually electricity can come from fossil fuels, plant based fuels, sun, wind, water , nuclear. More but I'm not using my googler.
Gasoline.... Pretty much just one source... :idea:

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Silver said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

What a relief. I expect they're very inexpensive to replace. Does google have a clue on that?

I don't know. Give it a go.

This is interesting.

Nikola founder Trevor Milton to voluntarily step down as executive chairman
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/21/nikola-founder-trevor-milton-to-voluntarily-step-down-as-executive-chairman.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.Message

sim.-ang.king said:
Add on a 1/4 million per year to charge it, but electricity is cheap, and comes from the wall...

And groceries come from the grocery store..........

My thoughts on batteries, if lead acid, would be what happens to the occupants of any involved vehicles with battery acid going who knows where.

Texasmark said:
My thoughts on batteries, if lead acid, would be what happens to the occupants of any involved vehicles with battery acid going who knows where.

Hybrid/electric cars have never used lead acid batteries. They're way too heavy and don't last that long, along with the danger as you mentioned.

Toyota used nimh, Teslas use lithium ion, which both have their own safety concerns, but seem to be mostly trouble free.

Latest posts