719T Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Gators Rule":2wu5qoe0 said:
highgrit":2wu5qoe0 said:
Several CT members have better bulls in their pastures than 719T. Anyone who spends more than 10k on a bovine needs to have their head examined, and the IRS needs to audit them. After it's all said and done, 719T will only be hamburger.

We've seen some really good Herf bulls on here, but personally, I don't know that I have seen any better than 719T. I'm not knocking any man or woman's bulls, but he is a GREAT looking bull..!! As far as what his son was worth, who cares if the bid was dictated by a tax break. He was in the right place when the tax man was giving the "buy" sign... There isn't one of us that wouldn't mind being on the selling end of that deals, even if the true selling price was only $10 to 20,000!

I've been watching this thread and at times I could only shake my head in disbelief. 719T is a great looking bull and I'm sure much better than a lot of you guys claim to have in your pasture. It's time to post your better bulls for all to see, I also know a couple will be nice looking bulls and many will look like crap. Cowtex is good enough of a cattleman that he in ownership of a topp notch bull and has the ability to market semen across the country with little expense. As far as the selling price of his son, the bull is worth the price someone is willing to pay ...... Period. As gator stated, which one of you folks would whine about selling a big $ bull. I know I'm just echoing what gator just said, but it's been bugging me for a while. 719t will be part of my AI program this spring, he brings a lot to the table with some different genetics for my herd ..... Very nice bull.

I would like to see Macon start a postie on the top 10 dumbest things ever typed on CT, because highgrits "hamburger" remark belongs on the list. Looking forward to seeing some of these "I have a better bull" pics! :roll:

This is really Cowtex. I don't know what happened but I am now Cow dog. Oh well.

I agree with George, that 719T semen is priced reasonable in today's market. The biggest part of his semen sales go to the large commercial breeders and export. He is a 2007 bull so he has been around long enough with a lot of calves on the ground that his EPD's are right on. The BW to WW ratio is what the commercial cattle person is looking for.

My small percentage take on semen sales this year was a little over $15,000. Therefore it doesn't take many years to make a pretty good return on your investment. I was fortunate to buy 719T as a young bull at a good price. But paying some of these prices for an unproven yearling bull is a big crap shoot.

There's no doubt he's a fine bull, but to think he's worth 200k is crazy. Alot of the high dollar A.I. bulls are deceased. So I guess the owners just bury them because their not fit to eat?? When it's all said and done where does the bull end up?? Alan you get more lbs. hamburger from a bull than any other cuts of meat. I know a Hereford bull is different from coast to coast, but the bull test that I go to around here I am not impressed. I will be in Tifton at the bull sale next month and there will be a bunch of fine bulls there. I just have a sorry black Angus in the pasture now #0086, haven't had to pull a calf yet. Did have 1 still born twin, and one deformed calf. I burried them they were to young to grind for hamburger.

I have a dang good angus bull for sale right now that i think may be worth 200k, but since i'm nice and i have not had any calls on him yet, i will make someone a deal on him for about 4000$

I wasn't gonna' get in on this discussion, but here I am.
Contrary to popular belief, people who buy things for a tax write-off don't have millions laying around and want to buy something that just spends it, nor do they want a farm or ranch to operate at a big loss just so they can say they own it, and save on taxes. They want to make more money. They want to buy something that they researched and they believe will return them more money than a CD or stocks. The risk is higher, and the return is greater. Rather than give it to Uncle Sam, they invest it in something that they hope will have a return.They didn't get their millions by being stupid with their money.

That being said, paying 200k for anything sounds crazy to a man without the connections to or the money to get a return. How many $10-15- 20,000 sons have to be sold to make 200k sound ok. May not happen, but that is the risk the owners are willing to take, rather than give the money to the goverment. I've heard people say,"Why spend $20,000 to save $2,000 on taxes?" Only someone who has never REALLY had a tax problem would ask such a thing. There are hundreds of reasons one would do that.

I'm, for one, glad to see someones plan work. I hope the buyers make a killing on the bull semen and sales of sons. Cuz' some of you may use it, have some sons also, and get in on the popularity of the bull. When you sell your $10,000 son, you'll be glad some idiot with money to throw away, decided to buy and promote their investment. gs

ragweed":2ysf5r4k said:
back in the mid 80s a Price man sold a angus bull for 200k plus i think he was part of an auburn bull test
It was Lovana...bred by RC Price ,, sold at Alburn bull test for 334.000.. then later to Ankony for 1.3 million....

We were blessed this morning when we went to the barn with the birth of a 122 Victor son by a Remitall 122 daughter that my daughter bought at the MSU End of a Legacy Sale. Beautiful little guy. Great pigmentation, weight about 65 pounds. Glad to hear his 1/2 brother sold for over $200,000. Can hardly weight until this little guy grows up.

smnherf":1a9n6cvg said:
There were two bidders at the sale. I saw them. I dont' know who bought the bull as they use bidder numbers, but in visiting with the sales staff afterwards, they didn't think that the Hull group bought the bull, but I can say for sure that there was a bidder at 200,000. He was sitting about 5 feet from me.

You saw two people that they were taking bids from and one ended up as the highest bidder.

What you don't know is .....did he really buy the bull?......was he a plant to make things look good?.....did the bull even sell?........too many things happen that we don't know about.

I was just reading this thread and everyone is acting like 719t sold for 200k. Read the original post. His sons sold for that much so we can stop knocking nelson and 719t. Knock the people that bought his unproven sons.

I`m not knocking anyone. I am proud that they sold a son of his bull for a lot of money. However , things may not always be as they seem. Its still in the record books that the bull sold for that money.

Circle H Ranch

Cattleman200":10ib1g6e said:
I`m not knocking anyone. I am proud that they sold a son of his bull for a lot of money. However , things may not always be as they seem. Its still in the record books that the bull sold for that money.

Circle H Ranch
thats just it.... someone with money, to start a fire, and get folks all emotional.... i can see the future ad for him. this bull sold for 200k and the topp bull sale

ALACOWMAN":36rvq4bw said:
Cattleman200":36rvq4bw said:

Circle H Ranch
thats just it.... someone with money, to start a fire, and get folks all emotional.... i can see the future ad for him. this bull sold for 200k and the topp bull sale

Then have a dispersal and watch them all go crazy!

Cattleman200":24fmq5ne said:

Circle H Ranch
I know this has nothing to do with the topic, but I spent 10 minutes trying to kill a fly crawling on my screen. Then I realized I only saw it on posts you made.

Jovid":1h4oui8a said:
smnherf":1h4oui8a said:
There were two bidders at the sale. I saw them. I dont' know who bought the bull as they use bidder numbers, but in visiting with the sales staff afterwards, they didn't think that the Hull group bought the bull, but I can say for sure that there was a bidder at 200,000. He was sitting about 5 feet from me.

You saw two people that they were taking bids from and one ended up as the highest bidder.

What you don't know is .....did he really buy the bull?......was he a plant to make things look good?.....did the bull even sell?........too many things happen that we don't know about.

I assure you I am under no illusions of all the possibilities, but I am not willing to speculate on if there were games being played. My response was to the idea put out there that there was only one bidder, which simply isn't true. I have been to hundreds of sales and worked with many of the ringmen and auctioneers and it actually looked pretty legit. Maybe it was an elaborate hoax, but I will choose to wait until the sale report lists who bought the bull and then I will know if there was any games being played.

I find it amazing though that nobody has yet to mention what the bull even looked like. Maybe, with the way he is bred that he is worth $210,000? He was pretty uniquely bred.

Latest posts