719T Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

cowtex

Reaction score
TH 122 71I Victor 719T (42800895) Hereford Bull had quite a day on Monday.
His son sold for $210,000 in the Topp Hereford Sale
His son and grandaughter both won Reserve Grand at Fort Worth on the same day.
Good day at the office.

bpwagner115":19gj2wpa said:
What lot number? Who did he sell to?

He was Lot 54. I heard the buyers were a group put together by Bobby Hull and the president of the Chicago Blackhawks.

shadyhollownj[u:13cyw5g3 said:
":13cyw5g3]Wouldnt there have to be a runner up or am I missing something? [/u]Hey Cowtex do you know where the results are posted.
a multi millionaire,..tax write off??......why would there need to be a runner up, unless he's part of the team.. they aint a bull alive worth that kind of money

Ok but if bobby hull bought him for that much then its a write off for him. Why would topps bid him up to that much when they have to pay taxes on that money with no runner up? i mean we all know millionaires in this country are in a low tax bracket. How much is he really getting off the price 20% by having it as write off.

shadyhollownj":y3p37tlt said:
Ok but if bobby hull bought him for that much then its a write off for him. Why would topps bid him up to that much when they have to pay taxes on that money with no runner up? i mean we all know millionaires in this country are in a low tax bracket. How much is he really getting off the price 20% by having it as write off.
you'd gladly pay the taxes on 210k for whats left....providing that amount even changed hands

There were two bidders at the sale. I saw them. I dont' know who bought the bull as they use bidder numbers, but in visiting with the sales staff afterwards, they didn't think that the Hull group bought the bull, but I can say for sure that there was a bidder at 200,000. He was sitting about 5 feet from me.

smnherf":p2w831wb said:
There were two bidders at the sale. I saw them. I dont' know who bought the bull as they use bidder numbers, but in visiting with the sales staff afterwards, they didn't think that the Hull group bought the bull, but I can say for sure that there was a bidder at 200,000.

I was not at the sale this year. I have not seen a breakdown of the lots and buyers. The overall sale resulte were as follows:

109 bulls $1,120,000 avg. $10,278 High was $210,000
8.5 Donors $359,000 avg $42,294 High was $117,000
30 embryos $33,300 avg $1,100 High $1,650

There are things that happen in these sales that a lot of people do not realize are happening. For example I once knew a man that had a pretty good business putting up metal buildings. His accountant told him one year in the third quarter that he needed to spend about $40,000 on something or he was going to have to give it to the government. Now which one had you rather do? He went out and bought $40,00 worth of cattle. He had what was considered a small business with a small crew putting up buildings. I cant imagine what the wealthy people have to hide. Also what Alacowman said might be correct too.All of the money might not have changed hands. It looks good on paper and for the sale and it may have actually happened that way but from a business standpoint, unless a semen selling company could guarantee their money back on semen sales (which I doubt) its a tax write off all the way.

Circle H Ranch

Several CT members have better bulls in their pastures than 719T. Anyone who spends more than 10k on a bovine needs to have their head examined, and the IRS needs to audit them. After it's all said and done, 719T will only be hamburger.

highgrit":35xoku6j said:
Several CT members have better bulls in their pastures than 719T. Anyone who spends more than 10k on a bovine needs to have their head examined, and the IRS needs to audit them. After it's all said and done, 719T will only be hamburger.

Not that I disagree with you - because I think that I have a bull that's better than 719T in my pasture - but I'm curious which CT members' bulls that YOU think are better than 719T?

George

Red Bull Breeder":1y6nuhih said:
Heck George mine is!!

I think trying to compare 719T to a bull of another breed is an apples and oranges comparison. I was hoping to see comparison within the breed.

Cowtex certainly has a right to be proud of 719T's achievements. And there are a number of reasons to like the bull.

I'd like to see highgrit's thought process and specifically which bulls that he thought were better than 719T.

George

So far you and Red Bull Breeder, I am sure he's a great bull, just way over priced for what you get. IMO I don't know how to tell a great bull from a good bull, but I do know their going to have to sell a lot of semen before they break even. Still some high priced hamburger.

its all in the eye of the feller doing the looking and how much money they got highgrit. As much difference in the breeds as across the breeds.

highgrit":3h1m1x5i said:
So far you and Red Bull Breeder, I am sure he's a great bull, just way over priced for what you get. IMO I don't know how to tell a great bull from a good bull, but I do know their going to have to sell a lot of semen before they break even. Still some high priced hamburger.

Well, I don't think the semen on 719T is overpriced. Compared to other Hereford bulls of a similar caliber, his semen/cert price is within the "reasonable" range. As far as paying $200,000+ for an unproven son - I agree - that's nutty as far as I'm concerned! But the past year has seen a number of "nutty" sales. It's hard to find a Hereford bull, of true herd bull prospect caliber for a REGISTERED seedstock herd, that will sell for less than around 10 grand right now.

George

highgrit":1q36tmhl said:

We've seen some really good Herf bulls on here, but personally, I don't know that I have seen any better than 719T. I'm not knocking any man or woman's bulls, but he is a GREAT looking bull..!! As far as what his son was worth, who cares if the bid was dictated by a tax break. He was in the right place when the tax man was giving the "buy" sign... There isn't one of us that wouldn't mind being on the selling end of that deals, even if the true selling price was only $10 to 20,000!

Latest posts