5000 Ford hydraulic filter

Help Support CattleToday:

meboyles

Reaction score
I have a ford 5000 and the hydraulics are very slow. I was wondering if this is could be a filter problem, if so where is it? I've looked every where it should be and even asked the dealer but can't seem to locate it.

Some of them have a spin-on filter behind your left foot. I had an older model that had a intake filter on the pickup tube in the sump, had to pull the rockshaft out to get to it. When you say slow are you talking about the SCVs or the 3pt? These older tractors are a lot slower than the new ones to begin with, but my old man has an early 5000 with a loader that takes about 5 minutes to lift a roll, he's too tight to buy the parts to fix it.

cfpinz

Mine is in the belly of the tractor right under the steps.

On mine you take the left step off and an inspection cover and you can unbolt the sump and filter from the pump.

Mine is slow also but works good enough for me right now.

The pump is on the right hand side ( as you are sitting on the tractor)

Has one return filter and the sump pickup filter.

Note: mine has a metal mesh filter that can be cleaned if it isnt to bad. JHH

I have a gas burning 5000. Do yall bale hay with yours and do you think it's big enough for a 8 1/2 foot mower and small john deere round baler?

Sold mine a few years back, was a diesel and I pulled a Vermeer 504I with it, wouldn't pull my L. Fine with a 9' haybine but not the discbine.

cfpinz

Latest posts