5 yrs for burning 139 acres of BLM

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
the head of nsa didn't get chastised for that(the dni did), the head of the nsa made a broad statement about 42(or so, can't remember) terrorist threats being thwarted...not all were threats to the US, a some thought he meant...

Clapper, the dni, stated "we" don't willingly collect on us persons, which, as I stated above, the govt. "can", with permission...so, yes, he did not tell the truth, he should have said "yes, with the proper permissions...."

Again, there are bad folks everywhere that will take advantage of any situation...but, for the most part, the great Americans working to protect "us" are really good people!!

about the phones...you brought up snowden--he brought it up, and you support him...

and, a lot of those great Americans I am referring to...are Marines...

I just love it when you guys say the gov't can do anything they please with no holds barred, because it shows how little you know. To get into phone records, lots of papers have to be filed with the court, and the Fed judge had to approve, just to find out what numbers are being dialed and received from -- with the feds, that's a T-3 application and the agencies have to report what they've found to the fed judge like every 30 days to see what they've found. It's not a simple process. See: http://www.justice.gov/usam/crimina...lectronic-surveillance-title-iii-applications. Which has not much to do with the debacle in Oregon. If the Feds tapped phones for conversations, they had to lay down the reasons for doing so to get a judge to sign, but many of the folks at Burns just posted whatever on their FB pages and elsewhere . . . . for all the world to see, including videos saying they were armed and would kill/die. Smart people, NOT. The Bundys are now in "Bind Ur Butt Round 2", for the Nevada craap, as they were pretty easy to round up after Oregon -- for not paying grazing fees for over a decade (over a $1 million worth), defying the feds that finally tried to move their cattle off BLM ground, with their armed compadres standing over a highway bridge pointing their weapons at law enforcement and the cowboys hired by the feds to move the cattle off the ground they'd used w/out paying for, for years. Oh, poor them -- waaah, waah. No feds or state people moved in and killed anyone in Nevada, or in Oregon -- they didn't move in. In Oregon, those folks pushed it, thinking they could just come and go and nothing would happen. Stupid thinking. Warrants were out, they knew warrants were out, they tried to out-run the law and Mr. Finicum got killed. Those lands belong to you, and me, and your neighbor, and someone that doesn't know shyyt from shinola about ranching that lives off Central Park in New York, but they are managed by other agencies on our behalf. Not up to the Bundys or anyone else to allot them off to private parties or private management, or states and counties that don't have the money to manage them.

Kathie in Thorp":25x3h3hw said:
I just love it when you guys say the gov't can do anything they please with no holds barred, because it shows how little you know. To get into phone records, lots of papers have to be filed with the court, and the Fed judge had to approve, just to find out what numbers are being dialed and received from -- with the feds, that's a T-3 application and the agencies have to report what they've found to the fed judge like every 30 days to see what they've found. It's not a simple process. See: http://www.justice.gov/usam/crimina...lectronic-surveillance-title-iii-applications. Which has not much to do with the debacle in Oregon. If the Feds tapped phones for conversations, they had to lay down the reasons for doing so to get a judge to sign, but many of the folks at Burns just posted whatever on their FB pages and elsewhere . . . . for all the world to see, including videos saying they were armed and would kill/die. Smart people, NOT. The Bundys are now in "Bind Ur Butt Round 2", for the Nevada crap, as they were pretty easy to round up after Oregon -- for not paying grazing fees for over a decade (over a $1 million worth), defying the feds that finally tried to move their cattle off BLM ground, with their armed compadres standing over a highway bridge pointing their weapons at law enforcement and the cowboys hired by the feds to move the cattle off the ground they'd used w/out paying for, for years. Oh, poor them -- waaah, waah. No feds or state people moved in and killed anyone in Nevada, or in Oregon -- they didn't move in. In Oregon, those folks pushed it, thinking they could just come and go and nothing would happen. Stupid thinking. Warrants were out, they knew warrants were out, they tried to out-run the law and Mr. Finicum got killed. Those lands belong to you, and me, and your neighbor, and someone that doesn't know shyyt from shinola about ranching that lives off Central Park in New York, but they are managed by other agencies on our behalf. Not up to the Bundys or anyone else to allot them off to private parties or private management, or states and counties that don't have the money to manage them.

Who's tit is the Federal judge on?

Caustic Burno":1u1sg88o said:
Kathie in Thorp":1u1sg88o said:
I just love it when you guys say the gov't can do anything they please with no holds barred, because it shows how little you know. To get into phone records, lots of papers have to be filed with the court, and the Fed judge had to approve, just to find out what numbers are being dialed and received from -- with the feds, that's a T-3 application and the agencies have to report what they've found to the fed judge like every 30 days to see what they've found. It's not a simple process. See: http://www.justice.gov/usam/crimina...lectronic-surveillance-title-iii-applications. Which has not much to do with the debacle in Oregon. If the Feds tapped phones for conversations, they had to lay down the reasons for doing so to get a judge to sign, but many of the folks at Burns just posted whatever on their FB pages and elsewhere . . . . for all the world to see, including videos saying they were armed and would kill/die. Smart people, NOT. The Bundys are now in "Bind Ur Butt Round 2", for the Nevada crap, as they were pretty easy to round up after Oregon -- for not paying grazing fees for over a decade (over a $1 million worth), defying the feds that finally tried to move their cattle off BLM ground, with their armed compadres standing over a highway bridge pointing their weapons at law enforcement and the cowboys hired by the feds to move the cattle off the ground they'd used w/out paying for, for years. Oh, poor them -- waaah, waah. No feds or state people moved in and killed anyone in Nevada, or in Oregon -- they didn't move in. In Oregon, those folks pushed it, thinking they could just come and go and nothing would happen. Stupid thinking. Warrants were out, they knew warrants were out, they tried to out-run the law and Mr. Finicum got killed. Those lands belong to you, and me, and your neighbor, and someone that doesn't know shyyt from shinola about ranching that lives off Central Park in New York, but they are managed by other agencies on our behalf. Not up to the Bundys or anyone else to allot them off to private parties or private management, or states and counties that don't have the money to manage them.

Who's tit is the Federal judge on?

WHAT??? It doesn't take the Supreme Court to issue a T-3 order. It may have come from Nevada, maybe from Oregon, if a T-3 was ordered. Could have been T-3s from several jurisdictions, for a conspiracy charge. That would be a judge from the U.S. District Court from whatever venue (District of NV, District of ID, District of OR . . . . whatever state involved). U.S. District Court judges are also appointed for life, as are the Supremes. Many have been on the bench for over 20 years.

greybeard":2lf5vegu said:
As Al Capone once said, "When I buy a judge, he stays bought for life"
Judges that have been on the bench for over 20 years, through the left side and the right side, Greybeard. And a lot of those states, where those Federal District judges sit, were appointed by the right-siders. You break the law, and you keep it up for years and years -- eventually, you have to dance to the music.

Kathie in Thorp":2v16hqhs said:
greybeard":2v16hqhs said:
Judges that have been on the bench for over 20 years, through the left side and the right side, Greybeard. And a lot of those states, where those Federal District judges sit, were appointed by the right-siders. You break the law, and you keep it up for years and years -- eventually, you have to dance to the music.
Do you work for the government?

Caustic Burno":e5p1nkxy said:
Kathie in Thorp":e5p1nkxy said:
greybeard":e5p1nkxy said:
Do you work for the government?
I do . . . sort of, Caustic. Legal secretary and paralegal for a very long time. Since 2007 I've worked in a county prosecutor's office . . . did misdeamnor cases, then juvenile court cases, and now child support enforcement/paternity cases with the county. Before that, 10 years with the feds, a U.S. Attorney's Office in the west, working mostly drugs/organized crime/fed immigration cases and most of those included gun charges. Before that, about 10 years in civil litigation working for a big firm in Idaho that did insurance defense, trying to screw little people by big insurance companies; before that, 5 years with a big ag company in their legal department; and before that a mix of both civil practice + criminal defense and prosecution. I'm 40 years into a career that's all about contention, conflict, litigeous people, those that want the pound of flesh, folks biting ears off each other. I've seen pretty much everything. I am right-minded in politics and my way of thinking, but not blind-sided.

CB, all due respect you are out of your depth on this one. How many federal district court judges do you know? Most are very law-and-order types, often former federal prosecutors. They're not on anyone's "t_t" in the way you mean it, as they need not run for re-election. They often are very public-service-minded, and most could make more in the private sector. (Some take a pay cut to take the job).

FWIW, a huge number are Republican appointees, and lean pretty pro-business. Republicans have had a majority (often significantly so) on the Supreme Court since 1972. In terms of the circuit courts, until the past 2 or so years they were weighted Republican for almost all of the past 30 years or so.

I have personally known several of them; have had passing acquaintanceship with many more; and I have yet to meet a wild-eyed long-haired tree-hugging commie hippie among them. With I'm sure the inevitable exception or two, they are incredibly dedicated people who do their best to do their job every day, like anyone else. No need to demonize them.

boondocks":27anlqu3 said:
CB, all due respect you are out of your depth on this one. How many federal district court judges do you know? Most are very law-and-order types, often former federal prosecutors. They're not on anyone's "t_t" in the way you mean it, as they need not run for re-election. They often are very public-service-minded, and most could make more in the private sector. (Some take a pay cut to take the job).

FWIW, a huge number are Republican appointees, and lean pretty pro-business. Republicans have had a majority (often significantly so) on the Supreme Court since 1972. In terms of the circuit courts, until the past 2 or so years they were weighted Republican for almost all of the past 30 years or so.

I have personally known several of them; have had passing acquaintanceship with many more; and I have yet to meet a wild-eyed long-haired tree-hugging commie hippie among them. With I'm sure the inevitable exception or two, they are incredibly dedicated people who do their best to do their job every day, like anyone else. No need to demonize them.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts