5 day cidr program

Help Support CattleToday:

MUST BE THAT NEW MATH I BEEN HEARING ABOUT.

IF MOST OF THE COWS ARE REBREEDING AT CALVING THEN i WOULD SAY THAT IS QUITE AN ACCOMPLISHMENT.

ALMOST UNBELIEVABLE. :hat:

pdfangus":1tjf3f3c said:
MUST BE THAT NEW MATH I BEEN HEARING ABOUT.

IF MOST OF THE COWS ARE REBREEDING AT CALVING THEN i WOULD SAY THAT IS QUITE AN ACCOMPLISHMENT.

ALMOST UNBELIEVABLE. :hat:

It MUST be!

I always looked at it as calving in March, waiting until June to put the bull out (3 months) and 9 months for gestation and calve the next March= 12 months.
Most breeders calve every 12 months.
Yes 2 gestations are 18 months, but that is NOT what you said TN. You said that you have some cows that drop 2 calves within a 12 month period instead of the normal 18.
For as intellegent as you tell us you are and we aren't, I think you'd understand this EASY part of breeding.

You're right Jeanne. I shouldn't have jumped that hard on him. I just think it is stupid to contradict yourself within 2 sentences of each other. Well, or to say that you have had a poor mineral program.

this 6g6 if im looking at this right its 6 times through the chute and around 17 days to completion i may not be reading it right but if anyone has used this or if im reading this wrong let me know im all about better ways.

At the outset I stated that it might not work for everyone.

It was developed for dairy. chutes are not a problem as they have them up twice a day.

It is not a problem for me either.

the upside is a bit tighter synchrony and a bit higher conceptions.

I want all the conceptions I can get and since the chute work is not problematic I am going to try it this fall.

pdfangus":vzshacz7 said:
At the outset I stated that it might not work for everyone.

It was developed for dairy. chutes are not a problem as they have them up twice a day.

It is not a problem for me either.

the upside is a bit tighter synchrony and a bit higher conceptions.

I want all the conceptions I can get and since the chute work is not problematic I am going to try it this fall.
Just wanted to add to your post. Dairy cows are tough to get bred back since they are producing at their peak when then need to be getting bred. This type of protocol was developed and used in an attempt to get more cows to first insemination on time and also get more pregnancies generated from that first round of insemination.

Latest posts