5-20-13 Oklahoma Tornado

Help Support CattleToday:

I don't know anyone in my area that has a basement, the reason for this is the water level is too high in the basements stay flooded.
I've also heard several people in social media talk about how many more tornadoes we are having than normal, but from what I can tell and have read about we are way less than a typical year.

CB that is horrible... Heath I did have a basement till I got this house we have some pretty bad storms wifes scared of storms and been on me especially this week about making something where we can all go underground so I have been trying to figure out how to just make a room underground or put some type of cell underground somehow so she will get off my arse...

skyhightree1 said:
CB that is horrible... Heath I did have a basement till I got this house we have some pretty bad storms wifes scared of storms and been on me especially this week about making something where we can all go underground so I have been trying to figure out how to just make a room underground or put some type of cell underground somehow so she will get off my arse...[/quote

Sky, several companies up here in MO make storm shelters than are pre-fab and you just bury. I'm sure there are some closer to you. I've seen a few upclose and they are very well built and are also very customizable.

J&D thanks I may have to look into it I dont want anything like a underground bunker just something we can get it that doesnt flood

Talked to a friend from Moore at his work in OK City. Phones, water, power out in Moore, cell service iffy at best. A major water plant was demolished, so water will be in reduced or short supply. All material things that can be replaced or fixed. Human damage is counted in tears not $$ and will be much harder for folks to endure, but Okies are resilient and tough. God Bless 'em.

I'm late getting rolling this morning; can't tear myself away from the news coverage. And the breaking news is that they just found a bunch more victims in the school -- have not said if they are dead or alive. Terrible, terrible thing! Basements are few and far between in this part of the country, but growing up in the Midwest, I can't remember living in a house that did not have a basement.

Caustic Burno":1j1rjste said:
skyhightree1":1j1rjste said:
Can someone correct me if im wrong but I don't recall this many huge tornados happening like it has this year???????????? I pray for all of yall out there be safe and look out for one another.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/watch-horrif ... a-tornado/
There was a bad outbreak late 70's early 80's Wichta Fall's had a huge one that wiped the city out.
They called that the Red River Outbreak that spring.

http://www.examiner.com/article/wichita ... il-10-1979

Remember that storm far to well. A fishing buddy of mine and I were fishing on Possum Kingdom . We had been camped out for a few days and I guess we had grown tired of my cooking. We had heard about a good steak house In WF. So off we went, as we came up over a hill we saw a site that that was pure evil. That twister had what we now know as mutiple vortices, and about the time we came up over the hill they were merging together..

We watch the storm in awe, after the storm went through we went on into town to help. Was driving my ol CJ-5 Jeep so we were able to get pretty close to the damage. As we drove up one of the fireman looked at us as if we were crazy. We were dressed in shorts, tee shirt and flip flops, not attire suited for the task ahead of us. He didnt say a word just threw some old rubber fireboots and some gloves at us and went back to work. Life took on a new meaning that day and the day following for a couple of young fellas.

Latest posts