44 degrees this morning

Help Support CattleToday:

I cleaned out the stove pipe earlier today for our first fire of this season. This evening (just a couple hours ago), I brought in some rich pine, and then went back out for an arm load of wood. When I went to put the wood in the stove, I found the cats (two) in the wood stove. Guess they got curious

Ouachita":3q9ilcbw said:
I cleaned out the stove pipe earlier today for our first fire of this season. This evening (just a couple hours ago), I brought in some rich pine, and then went back out for an arm load of wood. When I went to put the wood in the stove, I found the cats (two) in the wood stove. Guess they got curious
So glad you found them before lighting the fire....they do get into some stupid places one of mine as a kitten got into the tumble dryer, (as one of my friends cat went around in hers for a little bit, cost a fortune in vet bills to rehydrate the poor thing), I always checked out the drum first.

Ouachita":1l5g8sfe said:
Rather then curious, maybe they were cold

dun":24wblitm said:
herefordlover":24wblitm said:
was 29 here this moring felt kinda good as i love the cold there saying 27 here tonight in northeast missouri with every thing 30 days ahead I am looking for some snow/freezing stuff by nov 1

BITE YOUR TONGUE
They had some snow flurries lastnight around Marshfield Mo from what I hear

I was down at the Rice Festival in Winnie last night when it blew in. I shoulda took a light jacket. It's about 52 here, cloudy and wind blowing hard from the N.
Kinda wish it had come in wet--could use some rain on my ryegrass seed.

CottageFarm":2od63q77 said:
20 degrees here this morning. 4 degrees colder than forecast. I'm not ready for this.... :shock:
One is never really ready for it :help: . I think your veggies have had it :shock:

alisonb":c1oqafum said:
CottageFarm":c1oqafum said:
20 degrees here this morning. 4 degrees colder than forecast. I'm not ready for this.... :shock:
One is never really ready for it :help: . I think your veggies have had it :shock:

At least one good thing has come from it!

hooknline":2zqrg70l said:
How did that seed do? Didn't you put it down when it was too warm still?

Around here, the seed needs some warmth to germinate and get established. Not much of it up yet, but I think it will do fine if we get some more moisture.

Between 28-30 here this morning. Tomatoes have been GONE for several days. Throwing a sheet or tarp over them doesn't do much w/ normal 20-25 mph winds to blow them off.

dun":1myli74w said:
alisonb":1myli74w said:
CottageFarm":1myli74w said:

At least one good thing has come from it!

The summer stuff has definitely had it. That's okay, I kinda look forward to some time off by this time of year.
The fall harvest veggies are just our personal garden. I do always look forward to that. I think it will all be okay after last night. I haven't actually looked under the row covers yet, though.

Dun, are there NO veggies you like? I've still got about 1000 lbs of various winter squash I would be happy to share!

CottageFarm":24eadlcx said:
Dun, are there NO veggies you like? I've still got about 1000 lbs of various winter squash I would be happy to share!
Pinter beans and occatioanlly corn or tomatos

Cottage Farm, local poultry will love your squash, if you have too many. Cut them and throw them out to the chickens if you're tired of messing w/ them. Do hogs like squash?

16 degrees here this morning but a really nice day so not too bad I guess - at least the smoke has gone!

Latest posts