44 degrees this morning

Help Support CattleToday:

cross_7

Reaction score
the first cold spell is always a shock to the system. i thought was going to freeze to death.
when i'm president i'm going to pass a law that it can never get above 90 or colder than 50.

cross_7":2awila1i said:
the first cold spell is always a shock to the system. i thought was going to freeze to death.
when i'm president i'm going to pass a law that it can never get above 90 or colder than 50.
37 here this morning, supposed to have hard freeze tonight and tomorrow night

slick4591":2ljy8n4f said:
50 was our low this morning and we're setting at 55 at the moment. Just kicked the heater on for the first time this year.
You do know you guys can stop bragging anytime now

48 right now. Just cleaned the stove pipe. Crock pot of beans cooking. Forecast frost tonight, and freeze tomorrow night. This is one month earlier than average first frost. I love it. Now my neck is swellin

was 29 here this moring felt kinda good as i love the cold there saying 27 here tonight in northeast missouri with every thing 30 days ahead i am looking for some snow/freezing stuff by nov 1

hooknline":31ojgwbq said:
slick4591":31ojgwbq said:
50 was our low this morning and we're setting at 55 at the moment. Just kicked the heater on for the first time this year.
You do know you guys can stop bragging anytime now

:lol: Bragging? Not me cause that propane is too darned expensive to brag about burning.

Beats changing clothes everytime you go outside. Laundry soap ain't cheap either

About every day. Sept was dry but we already passed sept's total so far this month.

herefordlover":1ux9bjgk said:
was 29 here this moring felt kinda good as i love the cold there saying 27 here tonight in northeast missouri with every thing 30 days ahead I am looking for some snow/freezing stuff by nov 1

BITE YOUR TONGUE

It's nice to see yaw discuss temperature and humidity peacefully. I guess it's not what you talk about, it's who you discuss it with.

Bigfoot":3gej1im8 said:
It's nice to see yaw discuss temperature and humidity peacefully. I guess it's not what you talk about, it's who you discuss it with.
Whole lot of truth to that

herefordlover":3bju30es said:
dun
dont worrie i said northeast missouri not southern
Just build a real big snow fence and keep it up there. The cold is bad enough
You're close to my daughter, she's in Burlington IA. I always tell her to keep the snow up there, but she doesn;t listen

Been in the 80's around here lately. Today in the 70's and windy and the temp is dropping slowly. Tomorrow only 49 and rain and tomorrow night 37 :shock: . I'm so not ready for this----comfort-wise. I'm ready otherwise-----freezer full, canning jars full, woodshed full, hay all stacked and ready etc.

Just yesterday I was out in the garden and picked eggplants, radishes, beets, potatoes, tomatoes, sweet peppers, hot peppers, swiss chard, lettuce, kale,carrots and cherry tomatoes. Today a few more peppers and tomatoes. All the plants are still looking good.

Freeze warning for the Va/WVa border areas.

Katherine

Workinonit Farm":basls9xm said:
Been in the 80's around here lately. Today in the 70's and windy and the temp is dropping slowly. Tomorrow only 49 and rain and tomorrow night 37 :shock: . I'm so not ready for this----comfort-wise. I'm ready otherwise-----freezer full, canning jars full, woodshed full, hay all stacked and ready etc.

Just yesterday I was out in the garden and picked eggplants, radishes, beets, potatoes, tomatoes, sweet peppers, hot peppers, swiss chard, lettuce, kale,carrots and cherry tomatoes. Today a few more peppers and tomatoes. All the plants are still looking good.

Freeze warning for the Va/WVa border areas.

Katherine

You'd make a fine neighbor :tiphat: Wanna move to Arkansas? :lol2: My wife planted some early stuff, but we let the garden lay this summer. She had a couple separate raised beds that she planted the staples, like tomatoes and peppers. We had planned on a fall/winter garden, which we normally do every year. It was still so dry at the time we would have needed to plant, so we are without this year. We have plenty of last years canned goods. Freezer is lower than I like it, but we have a hog ready to pick up, and beef ready to take to the butcher. With this cool weather, fresh venison is without a doubt on the table soon. I'm really curious to see how our garden does next spring. It is a 16 year developed plot, but this is the first year fallow. I had it planted in annual rye and austrian?? winter peas last winter. Tilled it under past spring. Doing the same this fall. Barnyard has been spread all over it throughout the summer. Soil looks rich and ready to produce.

Ouachita":1hi9y6zh said:
Workinonit Farm":1hi9y6zh said:

Katherine

You'd make a fine neighbor :tiphat: Wanna move to Arkansas? :lol2: My wife planted some early stuff, but we let the garden lay this summer. She had a couple separate raised beds that she planted the staples, like tomatoes and peppers. We had planned on a fall/winter garden, which we normally do every year. It was still so dry at the time ...... I'm really curious to see how our garden does next spring. It is a 16 year developed plot, but this is the first year fallow. I had it planted in annual rye and austrian?? winter peas last winter. Tilled it under past spring. Doing the same this fall. Barnyard has been spread all over it throughout the summer. Soil looks rich and ready to produce.

Thanks. I have a few old barrels that I put out to catch rain off of as many rooftops as I can and that is what I use for watering the gardens when dry. I also use fabric and that helps to retain moisture.

By the sounds of it, you should have a good garden next year! Sounds like that soil will be well rested and prepped.

I'd like to visit Ark sometime. :tiphat:

Katherine

In my neck of the woods it is around 60's it has been sunny today and mild, but got cold tonight and I had to put the fire on only second time this Autumn so far.