310 Johndeere backhoe 4 wheel drive stoped working,

Help Support CattleToday:

buckhunter

Reaction score
Hi All, :bang: I have a 2002 JD 310 backhoe 4x4, just up out of the blue the other day the 4x4 stoped working, no noise or banging, or jerking, just stop working, it still runs and moves fin, just NO 4 wheeldrive, I check the fues in fuse box that was good, I check the 4x4 switch, that was good, now I am lost, any help out there.?? Thanks for your time.

I guess when you say checked the switch, you checked for power to and from? Could be sevarel things, some better than others, but I'm sure you know that.

ad denver said its alot it could be ... But I always said if you know how to operate a backhoe you don't need 4x4 lol

skyhightree1":1n0xdel1 said:
This is true but I currently do not own a 4x4 backhoe now only 2wd
Us too right now. We have had but when work got slow we kept our older hoe and sold the newer one to some friends that had work. In this part of the country it may be a bigger deal than some other places. But there is a lot you just can't do without 4x4 here.

denver same happened to me when the economy tanked and I stopped doing between 20-35 footings and or basements a month and same in septic systems. I didn't have money for the payments so I sold it.

Yea, we had a 04 410g and sold it and kept the ford 555. Septics are picking up pretty good, a updated backhoe might be in our future.

I had a jcb 215e I do not recall the year. Yea septic biz is picking up here we have been replacing the plastic tanks I refuse to install those.

Well where I am, south jersey, most all sand, so 4x4 is grate, NO I do not need it when I use the hoe, but ever try to get around and load a truck in sureg sand without four wheel drive, guess not, :)

If it is uses an electric clutch engagment you might check to see if your altinator is getting weak. On my uncles 310 G 4wd went out and he figured out that if you reved the engine all the way up and threw the swithc, it would engage. He called the JD dealer and they told him to put a new alt. on it. That fixed the problem.

Thanks Hillbilly, I will try it in the AM when I go to the yard, I will let you know what happens, Thanks again for your time and help, us stump jumpers need to look out for each other, LOL

Latest posts