30 years

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep

Reaction score
well, today marks 30 years since we moved here... there were lots of hard years, but somehow we've outlasted everyone else on this road.

This is from about 1992 with my first cow
Josie 5.jpg

Here's that cow's great great great grand daughter... I've changed a little bit
20201114_101014.jpg

Who knows what the next decade or 3 will be like.

The background mountains are absolutely AWESOME! Can't blame you for pickin a spot like that.
scenery doesn't pay bills very well though.. there's nothing for agri-infrastructure around here, with a low population density starting a business is tough too.. in a 30 mile radius of me there's only like 10 ranches, and several are pretty much idle without water, etc,
I do a few odd mechanical jobs in my shop for beer money

Some more photos of the early days Nesi??????

Ken
Not too many of them.. pictures cost money at the time!!
Here's an aerial view from about 1998 I think.. we had the greenhouses up (lower right) but our shop (late 98) and hayshed (2000) weren't built yet
IMG_0033.jpg

Before our time, probably late 30's
McPhee - Raking Hay_filtered.jpg

Beans
McPhee - Beans_filtered.jpg

Josie, my first cow with one of her last calves.. Shorthorn sired.. this would have been around 2003 or so?
IMG_0049.jpg

Hard to believe this is her full sister
IMG_7319-crop.JPGRosie, Josie's 2nd daughter, now the influential cow in my herd with her first daughter (1998 I think?)
Rosie and Lizzy.jpg

same same calf but a yearling (3/4 Salers... she was a one-man cow! no one except me could get close to her)
Lizzy.jpg

Which river is that? Beautiful area!
that's the Fraser river.. In the 1880's I think Lillooet (nearest town) was the biggest city west of chicago and north of San Fransisco!)
McPhee - Smith - Mining_filtered.jpg
McPhee - Squaring Timber.jpg

The two sisters Tizia and Rosie (shorthorn vs Salers), Rosie was absolutely the boss, and it was funny to see the bigger (younger) cow cower from her.. my current boss cow is Rosie's daughter, also not the biggest but she's stoutmar24 08 042s.jpg

Latest posts