Food consumption next 50 years

Help Support CattleToday:

504RP

Reaction score
Saw a documentary that was talking about food consumption for the next 50 years while the world's population reaches 9 billion people. Scientists say that during the next 50 years the world's population consume as much food as it has for the past 3000 years.

Well that sounds good for my little herd of cattle, hang on, I won't be here in 50 years. I reckon there will be a bit of poaching going on, go out in the morning to check the cows and find one boned out. Might have to invest in rottweilers instead of Maremas.

Ken

Saw a documentary that was talking about food consumption for the next 50 years while the world's population reaches 9 billion people. Scientists say that during the next 50 years the world's population consume as much food as it has for the past 3000 years.
World food shortages are definitely a scary thought.

1960 (61 yrs ago) world population 3 billion and I think it was calculated as being equal to the entire population that ever lived during the previous 4,000 years.

Last edited:
No masks, vaccines or stimulus packages will stop it. Nature will equalize it and it won't be pretty. Stocking rates can only be ignored and supplemented for so long.

I thought Bill Gates was pushing population control.

Get ready for the great reset. They have all the answers

Seems I have heard: There is always more people alive than all the people who have died.
I have no opinion on the subject. It is what it is, whatever IT is.

Well that sounds good for my little herd of cattle, hang on, I won't be here in 50 years. I reckon there will be a bit of poaching going on, go out in the morning to check the cows and find one boned out. Might have to invest in rottweilers instead of Maremas.

Ken
Interesting that you should mention this.

Just a few years ago in Venezuela a small farmer I knew was raided by thousands of people. The police and army stood by and watched them kill all his cows with machetes and carry off the meat.

His children have all walked out of the country and last I heard, he and his wife live in a small shack and raise a few chickens to live on. I have not heard from them for a couple of years now and I do not even know if they are still alive.

Guard what you have because in some parts of the world if you do not, someone will come and take it. Never think it cannot happen to you.

Hope you have a great day,

Bez

Seems I have heard: There is always more people alive than all the people who have died.
I have no opinion on the subject. It is what it is, whatever IT is.
That's backwards. There are currently about 7 billion people living and cumulatively from 50,000 years BC till today it is estimated there has been 105 billion births.

And the sea levels will (or were supposed to have already) rise/risen and drowned us all.

And the ozone layer is supposed to be gone by now.

And we are supposed to have run out of oil.

And, global warming is supposed to kill us/and our plants & animals/wreck our economy/and any other thing the want to attribute to it.

And the RONA was/is supposed to kill us all (If you dont wear a mask)

And the sea levels will (or were supposed to have already) rise/risen and drowned us all.

And, global warming is supposed to kill us/and our plants & animals/wreck our economy/and any other thing the want to attribute to it.

and..
Nuclear power was going to be "too cheap to even meter"
We would all be 'driving' flyin cars by the 21st century.

(I WANT MY FLYIN CAR DAMMIT!)

That's backwards. There are currently about 7 billion people living and cumulatively from 50,000 years BC till today it is estimated there has been 105 billion births.
Who did those calculations?
What number did they estimate at the start of the Ice Age?
How did they reach that conclusion?
What number did they use at the end of the Ice Age?
How was that determined?

Believe what you want, but there were no human births in 50,000 bc

current pop. 7.8 billion

Last edited:
World food shortages are definitely a scary thought.

1960 (61 yrs ago) world population 3 billion and I think it was calculated as being equal to the entire population that ever lived during the previous 4,000 years.
That's interesting. The documentary I watched said here in the U.S. we only stay ahead or stock sort of speak a majority of our food by 30 days.
So if everyday we were to ever fall behind on any of thoes food items would put us that many more days beyond the 30 days

Interesting that you should mention this.

Just a few years ago in Venezuela a small farmer I knew was raided by thousands of people. The police and army stood by and watched them kill all his cows with machetes and carry off the meat.

His children have all walked out of the country and last I heard, he and his wife live in a small shack and raise a few chickens to live on. I have not heard from them for a couple of years now and I do not even know if they are still alive.

Guard what you have because in some parts of the world if you do not, someone will come and take it. Never think it cannot happen to you.

Hope you have a great day,

Bez
I have heard and read of similar things there. I keep saying that we are going to get to a point where we might have to sit out with a gun to stop people from coming in and taking what we have or stop them from wholesale killing of our herds and flocks....
It scares me. I will probably not live to see the worst of it... but then it happened in Venezuela in less than 30 years...

Who did those calculations?
What number did they estimate at the start of the Ice Age?
How did they reach that conclusion?
What number did they use at the end of the Ice Age?
How was that determined?

Believe what you want, but there were no human births in 50,000 bc

current pop. 7.8 billion
Define 'human'.
Usually, as homo sapien.
Homo sapiens in numbers and blade/specialized cutting tool/art appeared around 50,000 years ago during the beginning of the Upper Paleolithic period.

As for the rest of your questions, I would have to research it.

Or, 'you' can start with this:

Last edited:

Wasn't it in the '60's when folks headed to the mountains to save themselves from the impending flood? I remember Boulder back then, there were a lot of prophets leaning back of the parking meters on the hill by the library!

Then in the '70's when all of science declared in thirty years the earth would be too cold to support life!

We're a gullible bunch!!

Define 'human'.
Usually, as homo sapien.
As for the rest of your questions, I would have to research it.
Or, 'you' can start with this:
I call B.S. on Wendy Baldwin's math.
In reading your link... She states that we surpassed 7 billion dead sometime between
8000 bc and 1 AD and though she doesn't continue on....
that would mean 100 billion people have lived and died in the last 2,020 yrs.

The United Nations, [the same people who brought you global warming?]
Claim 107 billion dead in 50,000 years but deny fluctuating climate heating and cooling cycles haven't occurred in the last 10,000 years until now?
Man doesn't know Jack. Hxll mankind did not even know that the Jet Stream existed until the mid 1940s.

IF scientists are so keen on evolution?
Why haven't they addressed which of the races has evolved the least and which the most?

It's all based on what story they want to sell to the next generation.

From the time of Socrates until the 1930s scientists claimed that the bible was wrong because it stated "In the beginning" and every intelligent scientist knew or had been taught there was no beginning nor end to the universe and that it's existence is and was eternal. Then along came the Big Bang theory shooting their previous knowledge all to hxll by stating there was indeed a beginning.

Even worse, Christians wet their pants and rather than celebrating the bible was being proven correct, they proceeded to soil themselves. Because it didn't fit with there simplistic notions taught by simplistic teachers who never had understanding of what was actually written to start with, nor capable of rightly dividing the word from the teaching traditions of man.

Traditional archeologists date the oldest city ever discovered to about 6,000 years old. 6,000 - 2021 = 3979 bc
hmm that fits within a couple hundred years of what is written.

Now some archeologists believe they have evidence of a city that existed approximately 200,000 years ago. And Christians without understanding will go nuts. As it is written the wisest of mankind's wise men will be confounded, because they ain't 1/2 as smart as they think they are and I'll leave it at that.

Bottom line: I disagree with Wendy Baldwin's math saying 100 billion people have died since 1 AD.

I have heard and read of similar things there. I keep saying that we are going to get to a point where we might have to sit out with a gun to stop people from coming in and taking what we have or stop them from wholesale killing of our herds and flocks....
It scares me. I will probably not live to see the worst of it... but then it happened in Venezuela in less than 30 years...
What happened in Venezuela ?