3 year old LLL Timber son to critique

Help Support CattleToday:

LLLT_Dan9_30_06.jpg

i presume the bull picture i posted is the one you wanted? Looks like a nice stout bull with good scrotal and thickness. How are the calves? What about the calving ease?

Nebraska Sandhills:

Thanks for getting the picture I followed the directions and only got the link. The 2 heifers in the photo gallery are his daughters we are working on to sell in a Hereofrd sale next month. If you don't mind post them also. His calving ease numbers are good CED -1.3 BW 3.6 We have about 25 calves on the ground and all in the mid 70# range.

If he had the girth to match his length he'd be an excellent bull, in my opinion. But as he stands he's still a very nice bull.

cfpinz

Nebraska Sandhills":fbecr036 said:
LLLT_Dan9_30_06.jpg

i presume the bull picture i posted is the one you wanted? Looks like a nice stout bull with good scrotal and thickness. How are the calves? What about the calving ease?

A very good looking bull, IMO. Course, I don't know alot about Herfs. Good level top and plenty of meat.

He may have more girth than it appears. The white might decieve the eyes a little.

I'm with Cert, look again, that white leaves the impression he's a bit shallow but his brisket reaches almost to his knees. I really like his heifers, plenty of depth from the brisket to the flank.
I'd like to see a rear view, too.
He's got a lot going for him, I can't see anything to knock him at this point.

Timber is a herd sire here in Virginia today at Deer Track Farm in Spotsylvania. Well built bull with a lot of natural thickness and is a more bigger framed bull, near 7 frame. You have a great looking herd sire.

certherfbeef":1xv10mk8 said:
He may have more girth than it appears. The white might decieve the eyes a little.

I agree with you. I am starting to appreciate the hereford cattle more and more. Just don't tell my wife cert. ;-)

have a cold one

lazy ace

lazy ace":10c3d2ir said:
certherfbeef":10c3d2ir said:

I agree with you. I am starting to appreciate the hereford cattle more and more. Just don't tell my wife cert. ;-)

have a cold one

lazy ace

It might take some bribary Lazy Ace :D :nod: :drink:

I really, really like his hip and hind end. He is a really nice bull and I don't say that very often. Too bad he doesn't have horns!LOL! The heifers are really nice. Good bone and muscle. I can't believe how far polled cattle have come in such a short time. (That is meant to be a compliment~)

Does he have some Canadian in him? He reminds me of the kind of polled cattle that Lila Bell raises.

I really like the heifers, but that bull is fantastic IMO. I'd be proud to own any one of them. Boone

Latest posts