22 CB caps

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
I am not talking about a ball cap that Caustic wears. But those low power 22 shells. My coyote trapping buddy called the other night. He was on his way to NE Montana to trap coyotes. He always uses CB caps to dispatch coyotes. He prefers them because there is hardly any blood to deal with when he uses them. He had been to every sporting goods store between Spokane and Missoula trying to find CB caps. He hadn't found any. He was frustrated when he called me. I told him I hadn't even seen any in years. I hadn't thought about it but with the shortage of 22 LR, I haven't seen a 22 short or CB cap in years.

He could probably make due with the Fiocchi subsonic round in the 22 LR. I bought a brick of these this weekend. I still have some shorts but they don't cycle in what I normally shoot.

22 shorts make a good substitute. At the last gun show there was a lady there that had a whole pallet of Remington shorts, 100 round boxes.

I wish someone would figure out what's going on with 22 ammo. I haven't been able to buy any for 2 months now. All the guns in the world won't do you any good without bullets. Something is going on and the government is doing a good job of hiding the truth.

Ours in Macon didn't, I've been there the last two weeks. I would rather clean toilets, instead of going shopping.

Latest posts