2022 babies

Help Support CattleToday:

Five new ones in the last two days. Yesterday I went to a neighbor's branding and 3 new ones were born. First thing this morning there was 2 brand new ones. And there are a couple who look like they might pop this morning. The pictures are the two new ones from this morning. The Simmie cow got named Grouchy when she first came here. She ran the sale yard guy up the fence when we went to load her up. She sure didn't look like she wanted company in the corral here. Once she went out to pasture with the other cows she calmed right down. The wife now calls her Friendly. The black cow is one of the desert cows. She might not be too friendly.P3232812.JPGP3232813.JPG

Five new ones in the last two days. Yesterday I went to a neighbor's branding and 3 new ones were born. First thing this morning there was 2 brand new ones. And there are a couple who look like they might pop this morning. The pictures are the two new ones from this morning. The Simmie cow got named Grouchy when she first came here. She ran the sale yard guy up the fence when we went to load her up. She sure didn't look like she wanted company in the corral here. Once she went out to pasture with the other cows she calmed right down. The wife now calls her Friendly. The black cow is one of the desert cows. She might not be too friendly.View attachment 14749View attachment 14750
I always liked the old school Simmie cows like her. Looks like she gave you a nice blaze-faced calf and didn't pass on the chrome, which always made me happy when calving the spotted ones out.

We had to shuttle some hay up from the stack yard. There was a cow calving right next to the yard. That makes 3 yesterday and 3 today. It would be nice if they just keep coming at this rate.

This morning dad and I cut off all the cows that have calved to them in the pasture on the hill; thought we had everyone where they were supposed to go. Ended up having a cow that that was supposed to be on the hill, stepped around her to get her through the gate, and of course she ran off. In the mean time a calf that was supposed to be on the hill came through the gate while we were trying to get that cow in. Had another cow have her calf this afternoon. Maybe tomorrow we can get those cows and calves where they are supposed to be.

Your grass is looking good.

Ken
The grass has really kicked in here. They have been in that field all winter, so it has not had any break from grazing. It's a small field and would normally get a two to three month rest in the winter/early spring, but one of the my fields went away last year.. The nicest thing about it is the little creek that runs through it. It runs the same amount of water year around, of course when it rains it runs a bit more, sometimes over the bank.

Latest posts