2022 babies

Help Support CattleToday:

Did you check Sparkles for underbite? Her lower lip is in front of the upper lip. It should be tucked in behind the upper lip if the calf has a normal bite. This birth defect has nothing to do with genetics of the parents. This is epigenetic and caused by exposure to pesticides, particularly the insecticide, Imidacloprid according to a study published in Nature on WTD deliberately exposed to Imidacloprid.
Don't know....could be a little underdeveloped front lip...don't think it's an underbite..... neither parents or her were exposed to pesticides. In any event she is what she is....she'll grown into her lips and bite...if not she'll hit the sales barn. Health eater she is (now)...we'll check her weight and condition at 6 months...to determine her future.

Attachments

• SDC16741.JPG
    SDC16741.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 20
  • SDC16757.JPG
    SDC16757.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 20
Lovely babies!
As for Sparkles, I can't see her teeth so I don't think it's anything to be concerned about, she's just pouty lipped.. another pic of her she might look fine
Last year I had a calf with overbite, had a bit a hard time getting the teats to start with, but was fine after that.. Not a calf I'd keep as a bull though

Thank you for this report, MurraysMutts. It is interesting that the calf brought such a good price. For those that have a newborn calf with an underbite, it is possible to stimulate the calf's facial bones to grow to normal. The sooner after they are born the better it works. Unfortunately, the thing to give them is a homeopathic cell salt, and almost all conventional medical people say any change is a placebo effect. How a placebo effect worked on beef calves, baby goats, deer fawns, elk calfs, horse foals, etc. was always a mystery to me. The premaxillary bone on all grew to normal on those that I or my friends and neighbors treated, resulting in a normal bite On untreated newborns with an underbite, the premaxillary bone did not grow to normal. If anyone is interested in how to use the cell salt, Calc. Phos. 6X to make bones grow to normal size, go to my website (www.judyhoy.com) and when it comes up click on Explaining the use of homeopathic cell salts (right under the photo of the little fox). I don't get anything for telling you about the Calc. Phos. 6X tablets (actually Calc. Phos. 30X works faster but the Hylands company stopped making it when Covid began for some reason). Also, you only need to give the calf one in the morning and one in the evening, not four at a time like the bottle says. You can even give the tablet to the mother of the calf on her grain and the cell stimulating effects go into her milk and then the calf gets it when it sucks (this is explained on my website). Above the fox photo you can click on the Scientific American article about the study that showed that Imidacloprid given to pregnant deer resulted in underdeveloped facial bones and reproductive malformations in their newborn fawns, in addition to weakness, failure to thrive and mortality in both adults and fawns. For those that may be interested in seeing photos of the various internal and external birth defects that were reported in our peer reviewed studies, scroll down to PDFs to Download and click on that. There are quite a few Photo Documents showing both what normal looks like and what the birth defects look like, as well as our four studies. For those who don't believe in science and photographic evidence, please keep your snide comments to yourself. For those who want to help their newborns (it works on children with underbite also and cell salts are made for humans), I sincerely hope the Calc. Phos. works on them as well as it worked on the young animals here. There are several before and after photos at the bottom of my article on the website. Those were only a few of the ones that were caused to grow to normal. I didn't have the beef calves, my neighbor did, and I didn't get before and after photos, but I checked their bite before and after. That was before digital cameras with flash, etc. The Calc. Phos. 6X also works on helping the legs of calves with contracted tendons to straighten to normal. If anyone tries the Calc. Phos. 6X or 30X tablets and they still work on calves, let me know. I don't know of anyone here who has tried to make the underbite or contracted tendons on their calves grow to normal for several years and I would like to know the results if it is tried.

Lovely babies!
As for Sparkles, I can't see her teeth so I don't think it's anything to be concerned about, she's just pouty lipped.. another pic of her she might look fine
Last year I had a calf with overbite, had a bit a hard time getting the teats to start with, but was fine after that.. Not a calf I'd keep as a bull though
As for Sparkles, the owner should check her bite. Photos like the one of Sparkles are not great for evidence for underbite. Overbite, like your calf had is usually much rarer than underbite and both were shown to be caused by fetal exposure to Imidacloprid. Neither is a genetic disorder. They are epigenetic, not genetic. Prior to the use of Imidacloprid there were almost no reports of underbite or overbite because of underdeveloped facial bones in the scientific literature.

As for Sparkles, the owner should check her bite. Photos like the one of Sparkles are not great for evidence for underbite. Overbite, like your calf had is usually much rarer than underbite and both were shown to be caused by fetal exposure to Imidacloprid. Neither is a genetic disorder. They are epigenetic, not genetic. Prior to the use of Imidacloprid there were almost no reports of underbite or overbite because of underdeveloped facial bones in the scientific literature.
Usually nothing is purely genetic nor purely environmental, it's an interaction of the two.

I think this was the calf that had a bit of an overbite, nothing drastic, but enough I noticed it
20210318_181004.jpg

A couple of new calves out of the one and done cows. There are a few more. Some of the pictures turned out burly and one calf who is the color of dead grass must be doing a good job of hiding. The calf on the white faced cow will have to wait until branding to get an ear tag. That cow will eat your lunch if you mess with her baby. Believe me we already tried. It is not a bluff
P3062802.JPGP3062803.JPG

I'm about 5 out of 12 on ear tagging. All the first calf heifers except 1 ; no way on the brangus cows calf and I didn't find most of the older cows babies till they were too fast for me to catch . Since I fractured my back two years ago I'm not as nimble as I use to be ! 🤠

A couple of new calves out of the one and done cows. There are a few more. Some of the pictures turned out burly and one calf who is the color of dead grass must be doing a good job of hiding. The calf on the white faced cow will have to wait until branding to get an ear tag. That cow will eat your lunch if you mess with her baby. Believe me we already tried. It is not a bluff
I have a couple of those, well maybe more than a couple. I keep saying I'm going to cull those cows, but have not done it yet. One year I had to dive into the back of the pickup. I have one I should have tagged back in January, but it's go late now; no way I am going get ahold of it now.

Neighbor had one that treed him and his wife in the back of a pickup. Not just in the back but up on the tool box. To make matter worse their 6 month old son was loose on the front seat. He ended up getting up on the roof to the pickup. Leaned over and unlatched but not open the door. Waited until the cow was on the other side then quickly slide off the roof while opening the door so he slid on to the seat. Good thing that he is young and athletic.

What is
Did you check Sparkles for underbite? Her lower lip is in front of the upper lip. It should be tucked in behind the upper lip if the calf has a normal bite. This birth defect has nothing to do with genetics of the parents. This is epigenetic and caused by exposure to pesticides, particularly the insecticide, Imidacloprid according to a study published in Nature on WTD deliberately exposed to

Latest posts