2008 Superduty What a truck.

Help Support CattleToday:

Agboy

Reaction score
Hey guys the new 2008 Superduty is makin the delaers lots as off late. Im going to look at one in the next week. It looks like Ford has a winner on there hands with this truck. The interior from what ve seen looks awesome. The new 6.4 you cant hardly here it run. Cant wait to see it in person. Looks like the dealer have been pretty busy with orders for the new truck.

Hey you guys are to quiet. I want your opinions on the new truck. I didnt post this to have no replies. Come on guys let your opinions flow here.

I will not buy another Ford after this 6.0. The new 6.4 doesn't have any torque below 2000 rpm either.
I will either buy the Cummins which has torque at 1500 rpm or wait on Toyota to bring out a diesel

farmerjohn":1w7gftzk said:
I will not buy another Ford after this 6.0. The new 6.4 doesn't have any torque below 2000 rpm either.
I will either buy the Cummins which has torque at 1500 rpm or wait on Toyota to bring out a diesel

The new 6.4 has over 500 ft lbs of torque at 1500 RPM. I believe that meets or exceeds any current diesel pickups.

I love my 6 liter and the quality of the truck IMHO far exceeds the GM or Dodge offerings. Yes, I went through a period where I had the GM and then a period where I had the Dodge. Went back to Ford and never looked back.

6.7L Cummins® Turbo Diesel I-6 engine (available on Ram 3500 Heavy Duty Chassis Cab)
305 horsepower at 2900 rpm
610 lb-ft of torque at only 1600 rpm
Provides maximum payload capacity of 2699 kg (5950 lb)
Maximum towing capability of 7530 kg (16,600 lb)

Dodge Leads the Diesel Market as far as ft/lb of torque at low RPM.

Here is the Link
http://www.crowfootdodge.com/new-vehicl ... is-cab.htm

allenfarms":2lbzw113 said:
6.7L Cummins® Turbo Diesel I-6 engine (available on Ram 3500 Heavy Duty Chassis Cab)

Here is the Link

The 2008 Ford Power Stroke 6.4 has:
350HP@3000 RPM
650Ft Lbs Torque @2000 RPM

Ford claims that they have sold more diesel Pickups to date since 2001 than Dodge and Chevy combined.

the 6.0 in the ford is junk, plain and simple. They never should have moved away from the 7.3. Where I work they trade up every year or so, 1 tons, and get either ford or dodge diesels putting about 90,000 miles on a year, with a 40ft trailer about 70% or the time. The ford is a better and longer lasting truck but you just can't beat the cummins engine in those dodges.

crazyportage":umdfmvta said:
the 6.0 in the ford is junk, plain and simple. They never should have moved away from the 7.3. Where I work they trade up every year or so, 1 tons, and get either ford or dodge diesels putting about 90,000 miles on a year, with a 40ft trailer about 70% or the time. The ford is a better and longer lasting truck but you just can't beat the cummins engine in those dodges.

Yes and ford knows this becouse, in any ford over a F 450 you will see that cummins motor!

MikeC":1jfxnp7q said:
allenfarms":1jfxnp7q said:

Here is the Link

The 2008 Ford Power Stroke 6.4 has:
350HP@3000 RPM
650Ft Lbs Torque @2000 RPM

Ford claims that they have sold more diesel Pickups to date since 2001 than Dodge and Chevy combined.

Like I said the Cummins Leads the market with Highest ft/lb of torque at Low RPM. Also the new 6.7L Cummins offers 650 ft/lb of torque when you reach a higher RPM, same as the Ford. The Difference is the cummins offers power throughout.

allenfarms":2ad3j3bv said:
crazyportage":2ad3j3bv said:

Yes and ford knows this becouse, in any ford over a F 450 you will see that cummins motor!

Please show me an F550 with a factory cummins motor. A picture or internet advertisement will suffice.

cfpinz

Agboy, do you have any idea how they compare price-wise with say an 07? I am especially curious between the F-350 and the 450.
I really like the way the new interior looks and time will tell how the tailgate step holds up--looks like a pretty good idea to me. Let us know if you get one how you like it, i am definitely in the market, but will hold on to the '00 7.3L until it proves itself.

I will give Ford due credit, the new truck does look to be amazing. I went to Ford Trucks, and went to the 2008 Ford Superduty. It looks awesome! and the F-450 Max tow capacity is 24,000Lbs! Has the F-450 always been the same size and someone told me if you get much bigger than 350/3500 that you must have a CDL. Is that true, and how much bigger? The interior of the King Ranch, that brown leather is really nice for a truck!! Maybe to nice to be a "real" work truck.

Price wise Im sure they will be higher. Im going to see how these trucks pan out befire I get one also. The local Ford dealer doesnt have one yet but a dealer a couple off hours away has one. From what Ive seen inphotos it looks awesome. The interior looks great. Hopefully will be taking a look at it in due time

Agboy -
Keep in mind that opinions are just that - there are good and bad in all makes and models. The big question is always this - do I really need to go in debt for a truck - likely the single worst investment on the planet? Off course, if you're already rich and have nothing else to do with your money -that's a whole new ballgame!! If I had a lot of extra cash on hand I'd go buy a few more stockers or maybe a couple more old cows!

Bullbuyer":13mq13ii said:
Agboy -
Keep in mind that opinions are just that - there are good and bad in all makes and models. The big question is always this - do I really need to go in debt for a truck - likely the single worst investment on the planet? Off course, if you're already rich and have nothing else to do with your money -that's a whole new ballgame!! If I had a lot of extra cash on hand I'd go buy a few more stockers or maybe a couple more old cows!

That is kinda the boat I'm in. Ya that is great that F450 will pull 24,000LBS. BUT, do I need to pull 24,000LBS. I personally do not, I will be fine with a 3/4 ton truck, I will just be pullin' some cattle/ hay/ maybe a camper every now and then.

Truck ain't worth a dern... No wing windows.. My 94 3/4 ton is paid for and I don't need the prestige or the payments of a new truck.Z

Well I can see everybodies point. My machinery is pretty old an my tractors an are not new. But everything is paid for. Ive done real good on my cattle so I like have a nice truck off drive around in. About the only debt I got is my truck. Im pretty conservative on everything else. Id love to buy one off these fancy new tractors but Id rather have a new truck then anyhthing. My Dad always use to get a new truck evey few years an I try to do the same.

Latest posts