2000 pound bull brought .96 cents

Help Support CattleToday:

The southeast takes a beating on beef prices. It seems like we get .20 to .30 cents less here across the board. We need everyone to vaccinate and worm there cows, maybe that will help us get a little more money per pound. :help:

Saw a few 1800 pounders bring around .92 the other day. Seems the have to go over a ton to bring any higher in this area....all are going for slaughter.

No what the south needs is for some of the people that have cows, that never needed them to start with, needs to get out of the business. There is a lot of folks around here that never sell their heifers and never get a new bull until the one they have dies. Too much inbreeding going on.

I AI every year and never let my bull breed his own daughters. I live in Alabama...However, the stockyeard never pays me for the extra work, but I am building a really good herd.

the bull prices have been .70 to .95 a lb for months here.an i dont see them backing off for a good while.packer prices for cows is .40 to .80 a lb as well.

You can thank the global economy and the smaller cowherd for the better prices. The value of the dollar has dropped making our product cheaper to buy. In that same breath it also means that foreign beef used for grinding purposes is more expensive to bring in to US.

Until we build some numbers up or the dollar increases in value AND the consumer still buys beef, our prices should stay good.

To answer the question about lower prices in the southeast, it is about transportation costs. The closer you are to the feeding area of the Texas/Oklahoma panhandles or the Mid-West, the better the prices. An animal is worth just so much going into a feedyard no matter where he was raised.

ive got 2 bulls that im using now,an really thinking about selling them this summer since the prices are so good.

sold my bull couple weeks ago, brought 70.00 more than i paid for him,,, never made money on a herd bull . """not figuring in his calves"". but no doubt that extra 70.00 will come in handy on my next one

Go buy a new bull, he'll be $500 more than the last one you bought.

Feeder calves here sell for less because of trucking costs to the feedlots. Killing cows and bulls do not sell for less here because there are nearby processing plants.

ga.prime[u:1zbkvmvz said:
":1zbkvmvz]Go buy a new bull, he'll be $500 more than the last one you bought. [/u]
Feeder calves here sell for less because of trucking costs to the feedlots. Killing cows and bulls do not sell for less here because there are nearby processing plants.
im sure, and that might be conservative

ALACOWMAN":pjbt0x7c said:
ga.prime[u:pjbt0x7c said:
":pjbt0x7c]Go buy a new bull, he'll be $500 more than the last one you bought. [/u]
im sure, and that might be conservative
That's right, a minimum $500. I just bought a new one a couple weeks ago. Strong market all around. I like it! :D

Latest posts