20 And Counting! Give Me a Break!

Help Support CattleToday:

Running Arrow Bill":2pofjva0 said:
I apologize for having offended so many posters on the board. Guess my candor is not well accepted with the mainstream. Obviously, I'm not a product of or producer of a large family. Again, my sincerest apologies and i will shut up on the topic.
All you said is what a lot of us were thinking. Fact is fact an they put their life out there for everyone to see and form an opinion. Thought freedom of speech came in somewhere too.

TennesseeTuxedo":3oi0d9ke said:
What show are you talking about? I've never heard of these people.
Thought I was the only that didn't know what they are talking about. At least they are two of us in the dark. :lol2:

tom4018":1v6g9oi4 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1v6g9oi4 said:
Thought I was the only that didn't know what they are talking about. At least they are two of us in the dark. :lol2:
Make that 3. I'm gathering it's a tv show about some folks with a bunch of kids. I can't figure how you get so rapped up in a tv show that you defend the folks like they are your own flesh and blood. :cowboy:

While flipping channels late one night there was a teaser for toddlers and tiaras that caught my ear. One of the mothers made a comment that they were dressing them like "prostitots". The term just cracked me up. Only heard of the duggars once in some goofy news story.

Here's a good one. Watch instantly on netflix:

"Manswers

Spike TV answers all of the burning questions men have been dying to ask, but never found socially acceptable, in this comedic series. It's everything you ever wanted to know about dating, sex, firearms and self-defense but were afraid to ask.

Genre:TV Shows, TV Comedies

This show is:Raunchy"

dun":30bmw32d said:
While flipping channels late one night there was a teaser for toddlers and tiaras that caught my ear. One of the mothers made a comment that they were dressing them like "prostitots". The term just cracked me up. Only heard of the duggars once in some goofy news story.
Holy crap! Saw that once. Now that "show" is disturbing!!!!! Amazing what you see surfing them channels!

Red Bull Breeder":3ckmlbr3 said:
Welfare bunch breeds like flies, working folks can't afford to raise enough to support the welfare folks. The Duggars ain't on welfare.
They shouldn't be since the do have their own tv show. But then you gotta wonder what these 20 will do when they begin spittin' out youngin'.

About the only positive thing I can see in this is the fact that they aren't on the public dole, and that might well be because of the TV show.

Seems like "Go forth and propogate the earth" has been taken on as their misssion in life

The kids are having kids already. This family could repopulate the world after a disaster.. with a little outside help..

A neigbor has 12 with #13 on the way. The 2 oldest have started in and they're living there with their younguns. At least they aren;t crowded because other then the old man there arent any other husbands cluttering things up

personally i would not want to raise 20 kids.but we all have to remember they are raising them with no help from any1.they have several sources of income.but having alot of kids works for them.an they homeschool every 1 of them.

Isomade":2q0xaxci said:
tom4018":2q0xaxci said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2q0xaxci said:
Make that 3. I'm gathering it's a tv show about some folks with a bunch of kids. I can't figure how you get so rapped up in a tv show that you defend the folks like they are your own flesh and blood. :cowboy:

#4 - I am so glad we don't have television!!!
This "reality" stuff just sounds too bizarre.......

"prostitots".. :???: :???: That sounds downright criminal....not cute.... :???: :???:

This is from Wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/19_Kids_and_Counting

The Duggars are conservative Christians, and due to their fundamentalist biblical beliefs, they practice the following: The only television the family watches are wholesome family programming on DVDs, and various historical events. Internet use is restricted. The male family members keep their hair cut short (by cutting their own hair to save money), while the females keep their hair long. The children are home-schooled using a mix of materials, including those of Switched On Schoolhouse, Institute in Basic Life Principles (IBLP), and Accelerated Christian Education (ACE).[8] For college studies, several of the older kids use the CollegePlus! program.[9] The children are discouraged from dating, but rather practice chaperoned courtship, and the couple abstains from physical contact. In addition, the young man seeks permission from the young woman's father to become engaged.

The Duggars raise their children using a buddy system, wherein an older sibling is assigned to a younger sibling and assists in their primary care. According to Michelle, "they help them with their little phonics lessons and games during the day and help them practice their music lessons. They will play with them or help them pick out the color of their outfit that day and just all of those types of things."[10] In 2004, Michelle Duggar won the "Young Mother of the Year Award" in Arkansas, which is sponsored by American Mothers Incorporated.[11]

Jim Bob served in the Arkansas House of Representatives from 1999 to 2002. Currently, he is a real estate agent and investor. The Duggars' income is derived from the rental proceeds of the commercial properties they own.[12][13] They live debt-free,[14][15] which Jim Bob has said is "the fruit of Jim Sammons' Financial Freedom Seminar" he attended years ago (Sammons' Seminar is endorsed by IBLP). The construction of their 7,000 square foot (650 square meter) house was started by the family in 2000 when they bought the land and ordered the frame. Discovery Networks completed it, by finding local Arkansas construction workers to donate their skills and time. The home was completed on January 20, 2006. The painting, decorating, furnishings, appliances, and other finishing touches—such as a stocked pantry—were provided by Discovery Networks and corporate sponsors as part of the one-hour television special[13] entitled 16 Children and Moving In.

dun":mbquqbsr said:
If they "refrain from physical contact" how come so many kids?

:lol2:
Maybe they are so fertile that the sperm travels to her eggs telepathically ;-)

The children are discouraged from dating, but rather practice chaperoned courtship, and the couple abstains from physical contact
. I think they are referring to the kids dating .

Latest posts