20 And Counting! Give Me a Break!

Help Support CattleToday:

Running Arrow Bill

Reaction score
Saw on news where the infamous Duggar clan/litter is expecting number 20 this spring. IMO too much press, attention to this dysfunctional obsessive-compulsive baby mill family. She is obviously, IMO, with some personality issues that "command" her to keep putting out kids. Her @#$% is probably big enough to "walk right in"...LOL!!

IMO the only way she/he will stop impregnating is for her to either die from childbirth complications and/or one of them dies from other causes. I don't see either one of them changing their attitude or campaign voluntarily. It will take some serious health problems to end this travesty. Octomom's litter was bad enough...at least the Duggars (at the moment) have enough money to manage and run their litter.

WOW!!! you are a foul mouthed azzhole.why does it concern you how many kids they choose to have? they do alot better with there 19 than many do with 1 or 2.they are self sufficient and not on govt handouts.they love there children and have done a great job of raising them in my opinion.if you dont like the show then dont watch it.

There were those days when it was difficult to spend 1 hour of quality time with each kid. Heck, there were only 2 of them in my house.

Can't imagine 19. Can't imagine 19 kids getting the amount of time they deserve.

It wasn't too long ago that 10 + kids was the norm in a family, not the oddity. I agree with Pied and it really is no ones business what they do. I have never watched the show ,nor do I plan .

As far as spending time with your children, maybe their priorities are not the same as everyone else's. Maybe they don't want to keep up with the Joneses .

hillsdown":39trwjhr said:
It wasn't too long ago that 10 + kids was the norm in a family, not the oddity. I agree with Pied and it really is no ones business what they do. I have never watched the show ,nor do I plan .

As far as spending time with your children, maybe their priorities are not the same as everyone else's. Maybe they don't want to keep up with the Joneses .
they got their personal lives out there for all to see ,, and its nobodys business what they do ??

normally i would agree that its not anyones business but since they are on a tv show they kinda make it others business.everyone is entitled to there opinion too but i just think its really mean and ignorant of running bill to say that her kitty is big enough to walk in to.i wonder if his kids talk the same as him.i'll bet u the duggers kids dont.i thought southerners were supposed to be gentlemen.

ALACOWMAN":3vm1umlg said:
hillsdown":3vm1umlg said:

they got their personal lives out there for all to see ,, and its nobodys business what they do ??

Don't watch them, you don't have to read about them either. That is like people that think everything a celebrity does is their business too. Who the h@ll cares as they don't effect my life and if they are not living off of welfare then it doesn't effect yours either . ;-)

The top part I posted is how I deal with people I do not care about .. :D

piedmontese":1z4jxenz said:
normally i would agree that its not anyones business but since they are on a tv show they kinda make it others business.everyone is entitled to there opinion too but i just think its really mean and ignorant of running bill to say that her kitty is big enough to walk in to.i wonder if his kids talk the same as him.i'll bet u the duggers kids dont.i thought southerners were supposed to be gentlemen.
yeah,, thats kinda had to take a back seat.. we've had to gird our loins with anti bullsht armor

My only issue with them having so many kids is from personal experience. My dad was the oldest in a large family (not quite that big though) and he became a secondary parent to his younger siblings, helping them get ready for school and other everyday things. When our family was started, he already knew what he was doing, which was a good thing. But at the same time, he couldn't adjust to us being his "family" and still put his younger siblings needs ahead of ours. I'm moved away and gone, so it doesn't effect me near as much anymore but my brother that stayed home and went directly into farming after school still feels it. If my uncles that farm and brother both need help, he will help my uncles first and my brother after they are done.

Im sure the parents of all these kids are great parents (seen the show once), but when i seen the show the older siblings did take on parent like roles, like the older daughters cooking dinner for the family and taking care of younger siblings. I fear for the families of the older kids growing up second to their parents siblings.

piedmontese":12l46fsn said:
WOW!!! you are a foul mouthed azzhole.why does it concern you how many kids they choose to have? they do alot better with there 19 than many do with 1 or 2.they are self sufficient and not on govt handouts.they love there children and have done a great job of raising them in my opinion.if you dont like the show then dont watch it.

LOL! I don't have never watched their show! Just commenting on more "odd news" that the media puts out...

BTW...please watch your language...as Macon would probably say...this is a "family board"...

I apologize for having offended so many posters on the board. Guess my candor is not well accepted with the mainstream. Obviously, I'm not a product of or producer of a large family. Again, my sincerest apologies and i will shut up on the topic.

Running Arrow Bill":nvcs1n2r said:
I apologize for having offended so many posters on the board. Guess my candor is not well accepted with the mainstream. Obviously, I'm not a product of or producer of a large family. Again, my sincerest apologies and i will shut up on the topic.
like the saying goes, and it suits me to a T. rather be hated for who i am...... than loved for who i aint..dam fine saying ..
:cowboy:

If they aren't willing/expecting to be judged, they have no business on tv. You sign up for that when you allow cameras in your home.

Would I ever have a kid at her age? Nope. Would I want that may kids? Nope. Do I know a couple with more kids? Yes. Do I think they are crazy? Yes. Is it ok for them to be judged by the public? Yes, they knew (or should have known) what they were getting themselves into when they signed on for a reality show.

Running Arrow Bill":30zjdp9c said:
No apology necessary. I think it's a bit ridiculous myself but then it's there kids and as long as gov't (me and you) don't have to support them then great. Big families use to be the norm in many areas. Had to have enough kids to work the fields you know. Most of the responsible folks have downsized families a bit. But it seems the welfare gang still works the system and does it well.

TennesseeTuxedo":9xyzu251 said:
What show are you talking about? I've never heard of these people.
18 Kids and Counting....unless they recently renamed it for the new additions.

TennesseeTuxedo":3hmq41pf said:
What channel and why are they even on television? Is this a reality thing?
I think its on TLC, they have a lot of different reality shows on there of similar types. Like Pregnant and Obese, toddlers and tiaras, and other stuff I don't see as worth watching.

Running Arrow Bill":3pxo5pfh said:
Saw on news where the infamous Duggar clan/litter is expecting number 20 this spring. IMO too much press, attention to this dysfunctional obsessive-compulsive baby mill family. She is obviously, IMO, with some personality issues that "command" her to keep putting out kids. Her @#$% is probably big enough to "walk right in"...LOL!!

IMO the only way she/he will stop impregnating is for her to either die from childbirth complications and/or one of them dies from other causes. I don't see either one of them changing their attitude or campaign voluntarily. It will take some serious health problems to end this travesty. Octomom's litter was bad enough...at least the Duggars (at the moment) have enough money to manage and run their litter.

Me thinks if that was the case with one of your ol gals out there roaming your pasture you'd be mighty proud,RAB. :lol: :lol:

Cal

Latest posts