$2 trillion to blunt coronavirus pandemic..............

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/senate-passes-dollar2-trillion-bill-to-blunt-coronavirus-pandemics-economic-impact-as-households-and-businesses-gasp-for-relief/ar-BB11IFcA?li=BBnb7Kz

The will sure help the people who are paycheck to paycheck and the businesses on the edge.

The Senate unanimously passed a $2 trillion emergency relief bill Wednesday night aimed at limiting the financial trauma that the coronavirus pandemic is inflicting on the United States. Lawmakers acted with unusual speed and cooperation to produce the largest economic rescue package in history.

The sprawling legislation, which passed 96-0, would send checks to more than 150 million American households, set up enormous loan programs for businesses large and small, pump money into unemployment insurance programs, greatly boost spending on hospitals, and much more.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Might not be enough but at least we got plenty of pork for the Kennedy Center.

My wife was going off the deep end yesterday about this.....$25 million to support the John F. Kennedy Center....WIth all the needy people and I am sure there is plenty of other pork too.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/25/politics/trump-kennedy-center-funding-stimulus/index.html

Makes perfect sense to support somewhere people aren't allowed to gather. Think what $25 million worth of gowns and masks would do for these doctors on the front line. Perhaps the democrats would like to do some volunteer work at the hospitals since they got this done. Schumer is a New Yorker let's see him really step up for his fellow man.

While I admit that I do not know enough about this part of the deal to form an opinion, the article does say it had bi-partisan support and they they have had to lay off 800 people. I am not saying it is right or wrong, but those 800 people are not any different than employees of say Boeing or any airlines. If it keeps them employed, then maybe it has a purpose.

At over $31,000 per job that's a huge difference from $1200. Plus those workers are eligible for unemployment.
On top of that they are not producing any product that will help combat the virus.
Another political ploy.

Once we get the money to the working people the landlords will get theirs, the utility company will be paid, car payments will be paid. Groceries can be replenished. It is not like giving rich old farts like us a little to squirell away.

I'm hearing from people that are upset they are having to work. Factory workers here in town mostly.

Currently the U.S. is about $23.6 trillion in debt and the yearly interest on the debt is around 381 billion.

Where does the $2 trillion come from?

https://usdebtclock.org/

ccr said:
Currently the U.S. is about $23.6 trillion in debt and the yearly interest on the debt is around 381 billion.

giphy.gif

jltrent said:
ccr said:

giphy.gif

How long can a person survive when spending more than they take in. Does that apply to our government also. Not only federal but local all the way up to the federal level.

hurleyjd said:
jltrent said:
ccr said:

giphy.gif

How long can a person survive when spending more than they take in. Does that apply to our government also. Not only federal but local all the way up to the federal level.

Good questions as we are in this together. I sure feel for the people who are paycheck to paycheck and busineses on the edge. We have to help and hope in the end it will come out.

Just over one million applied for unemployment insurance in Canada this past week.
China is winning they are breaking the banks of a lot of countries

hurleyjd said:
jltrent said:
ccr said:

giphy.gif

Garuntee there's folks that hit the tobacco stores and tattoo parlor "Here"" soon as their ship comes in..

kenny thomas said:
At over $31,000 per job that's a huge difference from $1200. Plus those workers are eligible for unemployment.
On top of that they are not producing any product that will help combat the virus.
Another political ploy.

The same thing applies to the Nashville Music Industry which is also getting a chunk. Boeing Employees, CruiseLine and Airline Employees are also getting a big chunk. They also are not doing anything to help combat the virus. The whole point is, they are trying to keep people from going on unemployment.

I am not sure how this is a political ploy when it had bipartisan support. Whose ploy is it? The President, the Senate?

Watch the tv adds when that money starts coming in. How many businesses will be promising to make that govt money go farther for you. "Put that down on a new set of payments and we will double it" I bet you won't even have to come in to the store to do it. Don't get me wrong I think it is an ok move and a lot will be put to good use and will all go back into the economy one way or another. Just gonna be a lot there with a hand out the next week going " well that didn't get me out of the hole I am in". Sitting on a brand new couch on the latest cell phone.

I hope in the business part of it they have some rules on bonuses but don't have problem with that part at all. Their overhead doesn't just disappear and this was not a shutdown of their making like the automobile and banking industry. It will be a rough ride for all of us before this is over.

Hope the world remembers where most of these problems start and diversifies from China.

I divided 2 trillion, by 327 million, and multipled that by 5 (the number of people in my house), and got $30,581. I don't think Im getting a check.

sstterry said:
kenny thomas said:
Another political ploy.
The same thing applies to the Nashville Music Industry which is also getting a chunk. Boeing Employees, CruiseLine and Airline Employees are also getting a big chunk. They also are not doing anything to help combat the virus. The whole point is, they are trying to keep people from going on unemployment.

I am not sure how this is a political ploy when it had bipartisan support. Whose ploy is it? The President, the Senate?
Bipartisan because they had to give in to help the working class.
Wanna bet lunch when the restaurants open which party brought these things up. It wasn't Red

Latest posts