1086 losses power and shuts off

Help Support CattleToday:

Atimm693":1qqbvvyy said:
Had some issues on our Valtra last year, would lose prime after sitting, and would start up if you bled and primed the system manually. Once running it would surge and was down on power.

After changing all the filters and messing with forever, the lift pump finally started weeping a little. When I took it apart the diaphragm had a tiny tear, not enough to leak much fuel but just enough to suck a tiny bit of air.
I"m thinking along those lines as well.. I think a lot of injection pumps get replaced when they don't need to be.

I did have ONE injector pump on our JD350B crawler that needed to be replaced.. Input shaft snapped... that'll do it!

I had similar problems on a Leyland 344 I bought at auction for $1700. It didn't have a fuel cap and started losing power and stopping. I took the top off the lift pump and there was a heap of fibrous material clogging up the gauze filter, turned out rats had been building nests under the bonnet and stuffing all this chewed apart hessian into the fuel tank. It took several goes to get it all out plus I raised the level of the fuel outlet in the tank so it doesn't suck up the dreggs. It wasn't sucking any air just creating a vacuum in the fuel lines. Goes great now and is a very handy utility tractor for mowing and raking and spreading fertilizer and saves my bigger Kubota a lot of work.

Ken

Got the new pump on today, it fired up and ran. It is running a little to high. Or maybe that's how it was supposed to run I'm not for sure gonna mess with the low and high idle and try and find tune it. I couldn't get it to shut off with the throttle all the way back had to manually kill it at the pump so some more adjusting there and hopefully all is cured especially after this bill

[*]
Nesikep":8f1k1qwu said:
that's good.. Yes, I have a finnicky shutdown lever as well.. These are just little adjustments.

Does it matter if you adjust the high idle or low idle first first time I've done anything like this. I've had my nose in the book more than all I did all thru school

doesn't matter... I'd usually start with the idle and the linkages, then do the high speed.. order is pretty irrelevant though

Finally got to use my tractor for several hours today. Everything worked great other than it now it is running a little hot, still in the green but on the high side.

Latest posts