105 lb coyote

Help Support CattleToday:

MO_cows

Reaction score
Heard on the radio, next county over somebody shot a coyote and it weighed 105 lbs. This was so unusual they called in the conservation dept. Initial DNA tests confirm it was a coyote, not a dog or wolf. Radio report said average coyote in this area is 35-40 lbs. Yikes! Coy-zilla.

The report said further testing was pending but didn't give the specifics. I heard it on kmzu, but they didn't have anything about it in the news stories they archive on their web site.

dun":2y9vvwdz said:
Did they check the DNA to see if it was a coydog?
yes I read an article by the MDC and they said this wasn't a mixed breed or cross that it was a pure coyote
also that he didn't have any microchip or any indication that he had been owned by an animal park or had been in captivity
I think they are off a little on the size of normal coyotes at least for this area
most in this area will range from 30-60 lbs we trapped one this yr that was 62 with the average going between 40-50

I was just wondering how close the DNA of a coyote is to the grey wolf ? 105 lb coyote is a freak of nature, you never know though.

highgrit":2x7nxfmz said:
I was just wondering how close the DNA of a coyote is to the grey wolf ? 105 lb coyote is a freak of nature, you never know though.
from what I read they actually thought this was a grey wolf at first look but it was determined that it isn't
I don't know how close the DNA is but sid it wasn't a match or a cross

Latest posts