'08 Ford F250

Help Support CattleToday:

i dont doubt it, they look about as aerodynamic as a schoolbus.

I dont know if your talking about the 6.4 or not...but my son bought an '08 F450 with the 6.4 in the beginning of the year and I believe he was getting 12-13 mpg when he just bought it...by the time he got around 6000 miles on it...he was getting somewhere close to 15 mpg...then he swapped the 4.88 gears for 4.30's and now when he's unloaded, he's usually in the 16's

neighbor has a 350 and it gets 11mpg if he is lucky. fuel mileage suffers with the extra turbo.

Those new Ford diesels are having problems with dumping too much fuel into the exhaust and causing fires.

Maybe that is why the mileage is so bad? :lol:

I had heard it was real bad also but can never tell because of the way people drive.

very true about driving habits. heard the same thing about the fires, and said they fixed that problem, but who knows.

I have a new 350 and I am getting 13.5 in town and 16 on the highway just about every time. It is a very nice truck but I wish it did get a little better fuel milage.

Have a friend who got a new 08 Ford about a month ago. Not sure what mileage, but he said it uses a lot more than his 01 Ford 7.3 he traded in. I know he's not real happy with the fuel mileage.

I own a used truck dealership and several of the new cardealers I deal with are reporting problems with the 08 ford diesels.

To tell you the truth I would not buy any of the diesels on the market right now.

Fords- bad gas mileage and the fire thing along with some other small stuff,,, wich will never get worked out because they are always changing

Dodge- Several people I know are having problems with service engine light and missing... one guy had his truck in 6 times before 3K mi.

Chevy/ GM- No manual tranny other wise they have the Duramax pretty well lined out.

Well crap.. that's not what I wanted to hear. Bad enough they're all so blasted expensive I could almost buy a house in town for the same $$$. I've been on-again off-again looking for three or four months now. I have to agree.. I don't like any of them particularly well either. :(

TheBullLady":2tbiy03v said:
Well crap.. that's not what I wanted to hear. Bad enough they're all so blasted expensive I could almost buy a house in town for the same $$$. I've been on-again off-again looking for three or four months now. I have to agree.. I don't like any of them particularly well either. :(

my son loves his truck...and i've drove it before and hauled with it...and it is a very smooth ride, the interior is comfortable, and it pulls great...overall, I personally think it is a great truck

I'd be afraid to buy any make truck, 1st year production. I'd want to see any bugs get worked out, and hear what folks think about them.

I still think that the old 7.3's were hard to beat.

Crowderfarms":3rfif6qn said:
I'd be afraid to buy any make truck, 1st year production. I'd want to see any bugs get worked out, and hear what folks think about them.

While I do agree with you on the 7.3's lets not forget they had their early problems too. On the first turbo units they had head gaskets, glow plugs and glow plug relays, idler pulleys, cylinder cavitation, auto tranny problem, ECU issues, fly by wire pedal issues, and some that I forget. I think the main reason folks think the 7'3 is so good is, it was around long enough to work the kinks out. This is not unlike the Cummins and Isuzu engines also.

Then of course this is just my opinion but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express once. :lol:

flaboy?":qwtmaviz said:
Crowderfarms":qwtmaviz said:

While I do agree with you on the 7.3's lets not forget they had their early problems too. On the first turbo units they had head gaskets, glow plugs and glow plug relays, idler pulleys, cylinder cavitation, auto tranny problem, ECU issues, fly by wire pedal issues, and some that I forget. I think the main reason folks think the 7'3 is so good is, it was around long enough to work the kinks out. This is not unlike the Cummins and Isuzu engines also.

Then of course this is just my opinion but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express once. :lol:

The best thing Ford could do right now is go back to the 7.3. ;-)

flaboy?":2kmvatph said:
Crowderfarms":2kmvatph said:

I have to agree. I had a 96 powerstroke that almost drove me crazy.Just small electrical problems,but so hard to diagnose.I have a 2000 powerstroke now and it has been fairly trouble free.

We have an '04 F350 and the husband says he's overdue for a truck... looking REAL HARD at a new F350 Diesel but haven't heard too much good about them. He puts on a lot of miles for the company and the MPG have me scared. Anybody heard of any improvements for the new model year?

Wisteria Farms":18b06aql said:
We have an '04 F350 and the husband says he's overdue for a truck... looking REAL HARD at a new F350 Diesel but haven't heard too much good about them. He puts on a lot of miles for the company and the MPG have me scared. Anybody heard of any improvements for the new model year?

Ya... there is a company that will put a Cummins in the new Fords. ;-)
http://www.fordcummins.com/

Wisteria Farms":z2sic1wd said:

Personally I would hold off. From what I hear the motor is good but the mileage is not. There has to be something wrong for that thing to only get 12MPG HW IMHO and trust me I am Ford man.

Don't let the advertisements fool you either. That is not a dual turbo, it's a dual stage turbo. I would wait till next year if it were me. I did when I got my 6 liter and it has been a good one.

Latest posts