02:03:04 05/06/07

Help Support CattleToday:

mdmdogs3

Reaction score
At three minutes and four seconds after 2 AM on the 6th of May this year,

the time and date will be 02:03:04 05/06/07.

This will never happen again in our lifetime.

VanC":17sq75zx said:
MillIronQH":17sq75zx said:
Why won't it happen again tomorrow afternoon?Z

They're using what I call military time. 2 in the morning is 0200 and 2 in the afternoon would be 1400.

I retired from the military in 1966 after three years service. I don't do military time. I don't wear green or camo. And I don't speak any language except English.Z

I worked for UPS for 27 years and they use military time, too. I don't mind that, but I never wear anything brown anymore. ;-)

VanC":3uzvltec said:
I worked for UPS for 27 years and they use military time, too. I don't mind that, but I never wear anything brown anymore. ;-)

Do you still drive like a wild man, and take few or no left turns :?: :banana: :banana: :tiphat:

mnmtranching":byd5s2d8 said:
VanC":byd5s2d8 said:

Do you still drive like a wild man, and take few or no left turns :?: :banana: :banana: :tiphat:

Actually, I don't like to drive at all anymore after all those years of doing it for a living. I'm fortunate enough to work 2 blocks from home now so the car pretty much sits all week. When we go on a long trip my wife does most of the driving. She likes it, I don't, so it works out good. We drove out to Salt Lake City and back a couple of years ago and I'll bet I didn't drive more than 3 or 4 hours total when she needed a break.

As for the left turns, UPS does try to trace the routes so drivers make as few left turns as possible. Statistics show that most accidents happen when turning left or backing, so they try to keep both to a minimum. I've taken a lot of what they teach with me into "retirement", but the left turn thing isn't one of them. ;-)

VanC":2qk06vlt said:
mnmtranching":2qk06vlt said:
VanC":2qk06vlt said:

Actually, I don't like to drive at all anymore after all those years of doing it for a living. I'm fortunate enough to work 2 blocks from home now so the car pretty much sits all week. When we go on a long trip my wife does most of the driving. She likes it, I don't, so it works out good. We drove out to Salt Lake City and back a couple of years ago and I'll bet I didn't drive more than 3 or 4 hours total when she needed a break.

As for the left turns, UPS does try to trace the routes so drivers make as few left turns as possible. Statistics show that most accidents happen when turning left or backing, so they try to keep both to a minimum. I've taken a lot of what they teach with me into "retirement", but the left turn thing isn't one of them. ;-)

Actually I bet UPS drivers log more miles without accidents than most everyone. I heard somewhere that routes were laid out with as few left terns as possible. We should all practice that.

Latest posts