Zero turn

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018":11da80n6 said:
shaz":11da80n6 said:
Does anyone have a JD zero turn? I'm looking at the ones under 4k.
Guy that lives about a 1/4 mile from me has one. He loves it, I keep telling him I want to drive it and see how it feels, he says I can mow all of his yard to test it. :lol2:

His yard looks good, and he lets the grass get really tall before he mows and he moves on. To me they seem to have about the heaviest of the stamped decks.

I would gladly mow someone's lawn, pasture, or whatever to get some real time experience with a piece of equipment I was considering. Nothing worse than making a purchase and finding out later you either don't like it or worse yet, it won't do the job.

TennesseeTuxedo":12zi6bd4 said:
tom4018":12zi6bd4 said:
shaz":12zi6bd4 said:
Guy that lives about a 1/4 mile from me has one. He loves it, I keep telling him I want to drive it and see how it feels, he says I can mow all of his yard to test it. :lol2:

His yard looks good, and he lets the grass get really tall before he mows and he moves on. To me they seem to have about the heaviest of the stamped decks.

I would gladly mow someone's lawn, pasture, or whatever to get some real time experience with a piece of equipment I was considering. Nothing worse than making a purchase and finding out later you either don't like it or worse yet, it won't do the job.
One of the local Exmark dealers has a demo mower, although bigger than what I would buy. I actually wanted to use one on my yard, would not mind mowing that guys yard but it is a lot different than mine. I also wanted to try it on my mom's yard so I would not have to push mow. I have a friend with a Dixie Chopper that I could go get but just really hate to borrow and the demo mower is too wide for my trailer.

These things are a lot of money just to mow grass, although I would love save some time. Even a decent tractor style is $2000. They do have some 0% money out there for 3 and 4 years depending on what you buy, just really don't want a payment on a mower. Got enough payments already, run mine till it falls apart I guess.

shaz":3323lwfd said:

Not a JD but have a Toro Zero Turn with Kawasaki engine. This is beginning of 4th year with it with no problems. Course I don't have a huge lawn either but big enough.

Latest posts