YOUTUBE video - new breed called AUBRAC

Help Support CattleToday:

SixMile

Reaction score
Greetings fellow cattle producers and enthusiasts-

I recently came across this video footage of these cows in Montana. The breed is called Aubrac and they are new to the United States. I am very curious to see what you think of these cattle. Here is the link-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CvBc6P2c44

There has been some discussion of Aubracs on these boards. There is a poster here, Aubracusa, that is very knowledgable about them. I'm sure you can find a lot of information on them here if you do a search.

Good Luck

Ryan

So what do you all think of that footage? It appears to me that these cattle are in excellent condition for running on stock-piled native range in eastern Montana...their structure seems to be consistently good, and from what I've read on the aubracusa.com website these type of cattle are just what the industry needs..very strong maternal, unsurpassed forage effiency, and a very high quality and cutability carcass. I only wish there was carcass data on 5,000 head to evaluate. I ANXIOUSLY AWAIT YOUR RESPONSES

SixMile":xa03pdwb said:
So what do you all think of that footage? It appears to me that these cattle are in excellent condition for running on stock-piled native range in eastern Montana...their structure seems to be consistently good, and from what I've read on the aubracusa.com website these type of cattle are just what the industry needs..very strong maternal, unsurpassed forage effiency, and a very high quality and cutability carcass. I only wish there was carcass data on 5,000 head to evaluate. I ANXIOUSLY AWAIT YOUR RESPONSES

How do you know they have "UNSURPASSED FORAGE EFFICIENCY"?

I asked an earlier poster this and never got any evidence except his opinion....................

I guess we could like them if we happen to like Brown Swiss cattle. :roll:

more like a brown swiss on steroids...

and just because the cows are curious that automatically means that they get the coals poured to 'em by the feed truck?

the video appears to show the forage effiency of the cattle... one would be hard pressed to find a group of cattle that can perform better on grass...some may perform at the same level, but most of the nation's cows would not be in that kind of shape on stockpiled range...

and we all know that no breed of livestock is perfect and gives us everything we desire, but when we find a breed that does a lot of things right I think that we should implement them into our existing herds.. why be a hater because they look different?

an F1 cross on angus or solid black cattle will be black...problem solved

SixMile":sufsf5y1 said:
the video appears to show the forage effiency of the cattle... one would be hard pressed to find a group of cattle that can perform better on grass...some may perform at the same level, but most of the nation's cows would not be in that kind of shape on stockpiled range...

and we all know that no breed of livestock is perfect and gives us everything we desire, but when we find a breed that does a lot of things right I think that we should implement them into our existing herds.. why be a hater because they look different?

an F1 cross on angus or solid black cattle will be black...problem solved
hereford perform great on grass

the video appears to show the forage effiency of the cattle

Is that all you have ? :lol:
why be a hater because they look different?

I've been around a few years and seen all types of fads from Alpacas to Emus.

Get some data behind you and come back to convince us. You'll be a lot more believable.

hey MIKEC I agree with you that data is essential in order to convince the nay-sayers!

and we are talking about solid, good-doing cattle...not alpacas or any sort of rattite... cattle aren't a fad

but why take my word for it? I dont claim to be an expert I'm just reporting my findings to see how others feel about the issue.

why don't you do some research and let me know what you find!

Hello from Montana,

Yes, these cattle do know what the feed truck looks like. They are fed 2 pounds of 32% protein suppliment every day along with native range pasture from Dec-15 to the middle of March. The rest of the year salt and mineral.

We like the way they perform with very little assistance, this video does show there aggresive and compeditive nature.

AubracInt. Inc has our annual meeting at the National Western on Wed. Jan. 16th at 700pm at the NALF conference room. Everyone is welcome.

MikeC":3rhrtdmf said:

Get some data behind you and come back to convince us. You'll be a lot more believable.

Mike, Mike, Mike, are you comparing a new breed of cattle to a lama and a giant bird? Sometimes ur posts just dont make sence to me....

hgfarmer":1wya0rit said:
MikeC":1wya0rit said:

Mike, Mike, Mike, are you comparing a new breed of cattle to a lama and a giant bird? Sometimes ur posts just dont make sence to me....

Or maybe make just makes too much since??? :shock:

hgfarmer":14k27b15 said:
MikeC":14k27b15 said:

No. Not comparing cattle to other animals. Comparing fads that come and go.

Does that make "SENCE"? :lol: :lol:

Besides, I didn't know Brown Swiss Cross cattle were new. :shock:

MikeC":9mwy3elq said:
hgfarmer":9mwy3elq said:
MikeC":9mwy3elq said:

No. Not comparing cattle to other animals. Comparing fads that come and go.

Does that make "SENCE"? :lol: :lol:

Besides, I didn't know Brown Swiss Cross cattle were new. :shock:
wonder how they compare too braunvieh?

To me they look like nothing more than a jersey swiss cross. They have some swiss color markings and the jersey head and ears. Hope it works for them. Atleast they ain't black yet.

I have never come across a brown swiss, jersey, or braunvieh with that much depth of body and pure performance

SixMile":pxyb1zb2 said:
I have never come across a brown swiss, jersey, or braunvieh with that much depth of body and pure performance

Buy em buy alot of em...

Heck if you want buy em all.

SixMile":1g4y83h4 said:

I have seen a lot of braunvieh that are very deep.If you stick the feed to most breeds they will all waddle.I didn't know Aubrac was a new breed.Have heard about them for quite a while just do not know anyone that actally has them around here.

Latest posts